Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A really nice beat by FB, although the stock price not necessarily reflecting this AH. Still, can't hurt for tomorrow :)
AAPL beat as well, and also ZNGA. AAPL also just announced a 7 for 1 split and a $130B capital return program. iPad sales came in under expectations, but iPhone sales exceeded expectations.

On balance, I'm guessing we should be higher tomorrow.

AAPL beat as well, and also ZNGA. AAPL also just announced a 7 for 1 split and a $130B capital return program. iPad sales came in under expectations, while iPhone sales exceeded expectations.

On balance, I'm guessing we should be higher tomorrow.

yep - Apple was a firm beat too; AH not registering (market is in a foul mood lately)- but nevertheless, this will only help swage the-sky-is-falling attitude
adding $30B to buy back and adding $10B to coffers this quarter. Healthy Y/Y growth-
I think the stock is halted trading for the split-
this and the FB beat should give a nice boost and precursor for thursday's big ER day. In addition, it will help at least provide a mix view even if those tomorrow are not up to par... all good news from this corner

Last edited:
yep - Apple was a firm beat too; AH not registering (market is in a foul mood lately)- but nevertheless, this will only help swage the-sky-is-falling attitude

AAPL trading is halted for the moment. It's going to resume at 16:45 (in less than 5 min.)

But yeah, I'm disappointed by the action in FB. I guess the bar was very high to begin with, and the "surprise" was priced in.

Update: AAPL jumped!

Is the directive to discourage EV sales coming from coporate or at the dealershrip level?

It's coming from all the places which we all always knew it would come: corporate doesn't really truly want to sell EVs, because they make their bread and butter on ICE. Dealerships don't want to sell EVs, because they make their money on service. Corporate won't make EVs because dealers want them to keep making cars they can service. Dealers don't know anything about EVs because there's little incentive to know anything about their cars anyway, except for what helps them sell the cars, and EVs are different so they can't just check the window sticker to tell you about them. Most of them haven't lived with one, either, so they can't give you the insight an owner can give you.

It's not a directive so much as a confluence of factors, most of which have to do with institutional inertia. It takes a lot of work to right a massive ship, and that's what the auto industry is. It's obvious that the companies which are taking it more seriously fare better, of course. But there's no one person telling them to screw up in this instance, it's everything all put together. And that's what we all knew would be the case all along, and why the Tesla sales method needed to be different.

Holy crow, FB and AAPL beat will propel NASDAQ up I think. Glad to see that my market short positions will probably be worthless tomorrow, means TSLA will bounce up I think, especially if 8:30am jobless claims report is good.

Holy crow, FB and AAPL beat will propel NASDAQ up I think. Glad to see that my market short positions will probably be worthless tomorrow, means TSLA will bounce up I think, especially if 8:30am jobless claims report is good.

Yeah, I'm hoping that they can really move the NASDAQ. Short interest in AAPL is at a high and so there may be a short squeeze. I bought AAPL options right before ER today and while those are great, I am also hoping for spill over to other NASDAQ stocks and get us out of the funk we've been in for a while.

Stupid question (by me) regarding Shorts and motives:

If AAPL and FB beat expectations, would Shorts --- who previously had their attention ($) on AAPL and FB --- now turn their attention ($) on TSLA.

In the short run, TSLA feels vulnerable to me.

Long TSLA since 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid question (by me) regarding Shorts and motives:

If AAPL and FB beat expectations, would Shorts --- who previously had their attention ($) on AAPL and FB --- now turn their attention ($) on TSLA.

In the short run, TSLA feels vulnerable to me.

Long TSLA since 2010

Sorry, I meant that to be a question:

If AAPL and FB beat expectations, would Shorts --- who previously had their attention ($) on AAPL and FB --- now turn their attention ($) on TSLA?

Back in the red despite yesterday's good after hours numbers and strong start. No surprises here.

From the live feed I track:
Ukraine's army has launched an aggressive military operation to retake the town of Slovyansk. The country's interior ministry said up to five pro-Russia activists were killed, as the government tried to regain control of several towns along the border with Russia. Al Jazeera's Barnaby Phillips, reporting from Slovyansk, and Peter Sharp, reporting from Moscow, update us on the conflict.

This is a significant escalation and the market has turned its eye here for now.

From the live feed I track:

This is a significant escalation and the market has turned its eye here for now.

I think it's only a matter of time until Putin officially sends troops over the border to protect the local population from the Ukrainian fascists.

Like you, I also think this is why the market is trending down despite the stellar earnings announced yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.