Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reference. The channel clearly depicts (dare I say predicts...) the recent behavior and I think we are all hoping Curt's Golden Rule or some other event causes us to break the trend. Looks like we will know by Monday the latest, as we will be hitting the top of the channel and will either breakout or be forced lower, back into the channel and below the point of the "golden rule". As I said before, I think the point of inflection will be around the 200d ma, if its not here.

XKEbJg7w.png
Well we broke 119 support. We'll see how low we go.

With no negative news today, what's going on? Low volume steep drop reeks like manipulation.

TSLA is trading based on technicals now and continuing the downward trend of the channel. Volume is actually 1/3 of what it finished at yesterday in the first hour alone. Trading started off slow but there were a couple of spikes that dragged TSLA down.

With no negative news today, what's going on? Low volume steep drop reeks like manipulation.

I believe the bears are testing again. See if they can trigger a cascade of 'stop loss' orders. I believe we can hold the 119-120 resistance but am waiting to buy. I will be buying again if we challenge the 200MA/GS area of 109.

full disclosure: I pulled 80% out at first report of third fire and have been waiting to get back in. I did add a little at first 119 dip a couple days ago and at 118 today. Small amounts. trying to DCA back in.

thanks for your wise words.
-1 000 000 000
disagree
what is your mission?

Who are you talking to?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the bears are testing again. See if they can trigger a cascade of 'stop loss' orders. I believe we can hold the 119-120 resistance but am waiting to buy. I will be buying again if we challenge the 200MA/GS area of 109.

full disclosure: I pulled 80% out at first report of third fire and have been waiting to get back in. I did add a little at first 119 dip a couple days ago and at 118 today. Small amounts. trying to DCA back in.

Waiting is definitely the best move now. I have a buy limit order set in the 200-day MA range as well.

I nearly pulled the trigger when I saw 118 in an attempt to scalp today but ultimately held off due to the amount of downward pressure still on TSLA. Based on the charts, TSLA is too close to the resistance of the channel and has a lot of downside to go before touching the next support level, which happens to also be around the 200-day MA.

I'm getting more and more anxious about the 2014 guidance. Granted, I see Tesla news a lot so I'm more sensitive it, but I have to wonder what the impact is on orders from the fires, the NHTSA investigation, the stock plummet, and the general wave of negative press. I'd guess US reservations have taken a big hit. The shine is off and that'll discourage folks that were interested, or were already reservation holders, from following through. Tesla talks about being production constrained, but that's only true if demand doesn't disappear. Fortunately, this is likely only as highly visible in the extra politicized US market.

Until 2014 guidance comes out and assures the market this wave has no impact on the future, I'd be hard pressed to find anything to drive the price up. Last year we had oodles of "Car of the year" type reviews, but we won't have that this time around. It's still car of the year of course, but there isn't that consistent positive press coming out.

I'm getting more and more anxious about the 2014 guidance. Granted, I see Tesla news a lot so I'm more sensitive it, but I have to wonder what the impact is on orders from the fires, the NHTSA investigation, the stock plummet, and the general wave of negative press.

I don't see why orders would take a hit. The trailer hitch just shows that a Model S is safer than ICE. As do all of the other Model S collisions.

I think potential Tesla buyers are more well off, and more intelligent than the average person. Thus the Model S buyer can see the naysaying of the status quo. No one said the current power holders would encourage BEVs. But people will buy the car. It is simply superior.

Well, because there is no negative news, the usual suspects (fool, alpha and whatnot) are making them up. Just check Yahoo finance and see them all cranking out their lies, spreading doubt and fear and pound and pound and keep pounding Tesla, just like they have the last month. It is a massive attack that has been running quite a while now. They won´t stop. I am not at all worried for Tesla from the investment perspective. They still have a superb product, numbers in the black, cash, great future perspective etc. Practically since shortly before the Q3 numbers there was nothing but good news. What is worrying me is this "news" producing rat pack of cheaters and liers that is flogging Tesla like there is no tomorrow. I have never seen this with another stock. It´s surreal. But very dangerous for us investors. I again express my disgust. I think legal institutions should start to look into this. Or can anybody claim anything over anybody in america without legal consequences ?

Well, because there is no negative news, the usual suspects (fool, alpha and whatnot) are making them up. Just check Yahoo finance and see them all cranking out their lies, spreading doubt and fear and pound and pound and keep pounding Tesla, just like they have the last month.

Google finance links to this trash also. Why? Is this stuff even legitimate as far as news sources go? Seems like high school-level opinion pieces to me.

I agree and am also disgusted by the barrage of baseless negative articles that comes out every day. Isn't it a turn off to people to have to read all that--even if you believe the articles are correct, wouldn't you feel enough is enough already? This news is now getting old. I wonder if Tesla responses would help or hurt in this case. The discussion about the fire just has to stop.

Best would be for Tesla to change the conversation all together, for example, start revealing bits if information on Model X progress. At least there won't be a need to discuss low clearance/risk of debris hitting the battery pack :smile:

Google finance links to this trash also. Why? Is this stuff even legitimate as far as news sources go? Seems like high school-level opinion pieces to me.

The entire automotive industry, while publicly admiring and praising Tesla (for the most part), would like to see them fail and go away.

They are challenging a 100 year old entrenched industry, that likes things just how they are, thank you very much.

Is there any question who's behind this? Follow the money for the answers...

Agree. In Rome there are three BMW stores but BMW is showing and selling the BMW i3 only in one store.
Maybe that they are afraid to show the i3 too much? :scared:

BMW is taking this approach in all countries, only a few dealers are "i-agents". In addition, BMW also sells direct and over the Internet with the dealers just taking a cut based on the buyer's ZIP code.

These "i dealers" have special training and are required to do certain investments, ie. adding fast chargers to their dealerships for public use.

I think BMW will sell quite well, 10k orders for the i3 so far (only in Europe) and the i8 production is sold out for the first year.

It seems that Tesla's mission of accelerating automobile electrification is working. My impression is that anti-EV people are so focused on Tesla that they are supporting EVs from other companies out of spite for Tesla, without understanding that that has been Tesla's master plan all along.

I think that we Tesla fans must all remember to keep the banter against other EVs friendly. EV drivers generally admire Tesla quite a lot, and many of them would love to own one, but just can't afford one yet or have some sort of personal circumstance that makes them need a different car. If we act elitist about other EVs, trashing them based on looks or range or performance, that just turns everyone off, EV and non-EV alike. Everyone knows Tesla is the benchmark, everyone knows it's a better car. Tesla is not currently competing against any other EV-maker, because Tesla's cars aren't like any other EV-maker's cars. And the more other EVs on the road, the more the public is aware of electrification, and the more normal it gets (which will inoculate Tesla against the sort of hysteria we have seen recently, the unknown becomes known.

Tesla's mission to get other automakers to make EVs isn't just for the good of the world, it's for the good of Tesla too. Tesla, the name in EVs, can only benefit from other EVs being widely adopted. The i3 is a serious effort by a big name in cars, a company not known for making too many waves, but known for serious quality. BMW should be cheered for it's effort here. I'd say they're the second-most serious automaker outside of Nissan (and Tesla of course). This makes the unknown known, it makes the abnormal normal, and it makes the out-of-reach attainable.

By the way, I drove the i3 last night, I was impressed. But it is what it is. It's a good city car, steers great, amazing turning radius, great brakes, pretty good performance but seems extremely sluggish compared to the Tesla of course, handling is alright but despite the low CG you can tell the tires are skinny, pretty good room for 4 people as long as everyone's legs aren't too long, nice interior, interface is okay but suffers from BMW's terrible idrive or whatever they call it, finishing is great. However, it's not competition for Tesla and anyone trying to make it so is missing the point. It's a city car, it's not a large performance sedan.

Last edited:
Causalien is this happening again, two days in a row?

It is now a VW. Look, the more time it bounces off this level, the more important it is. Hower, today, looks like we are forming a green hammer candle. It is one of the stronger candle patrerns. If we close green, it is significant.

The funny thing about shorters hired to post with an agenda is that they never mention the other side. A true neutral TA or chartist will mention that volume is decreasing.

The thing about volume decreasing is that it is more significant going down than up. As price increase, volume usually goes down because there are less shares you can buy with the same 1 million. The same should not be true with a down trending stock.

And to anyone saying pennant is a continuation signal, your are full of crap. The only thing you can get out of a pennant is that you know that at the tip of it, is the decision to go up or down.

Last edited:
I think that we Tesla fans must all remember to keep the banter against other EVs friendly. EV drivers generally admire Tesla quite a lot, and many of them would love to own one, but just can't afford one yet or have some sort of personal circumstance that makes them need a different car. If we act elitist about other EVs, trashing them based on looks or range or performance, that just turns everyone off, EV and non-EV alike. Everyone knows Tesla is the benchmark, everyone knows it's a better car. Tesla is not currently competing against any other EV-maker, because Tesla's cars aren't like any other EV-maker's cars. And the more other EVs on the road, the more the public is aware of electrification, and the more normal it gets (which will inoculate Tesla against the sort of hysteria we have seen recently, the unknown becomes known.

Tesla's mission to get other automakers to make EVs isn't just for the good of the world, it's for the good of Tesla too. Tesla, the name in EVs, can only benefit from other EVs being widely adopted. The i3 is a serious effort by a big name in cars, a company not known for making too many waves, but known for serious quality. BMW should be cheered for it's effort here. I'd say they're the second-most serious automaker outside of Nissan (and Tesla of course). This makes the unknown known, it makes the abnormal normal, and it makes the out-of-reach attainable.

By the way, I drove the i3 last night, I was impressed. But it is what it is. It's a good city car, steers great, amazing turning radius, great brakes, pretty good performance but seems extremely sluggish compared to the Tesla of course, pretty good room for 4 people as long as everyone's legs aren't too long, nice interior, interface is okay but suffers from BMW's terrible idrive or whatever they call it. However, it's not competition for Tesla and anyone trying to make it so is missing the point. It's a city car, it's not a large performance sedan.

I absolutely agree with FANGO. We should wish well to all EV's that come along. There is plenty of market to steal from the ICE vehicles for all EV newcomers. Most city car EV owners are very likely to discover how much they love driving EV and will trade up to Tesla quite soon. There are 3 Leafs in my neighborhood and I can say that all three of these drivers will have Teslas soon enough. Imagine if every car on your block was a Leaf, 500e or i3. Within 2 years at least 1/2 of those would be upgraded to Teslas. I wish i3, Leaf, 500e, Spark etc..the very best of sales!

As people see EV's from many companies, they will warm to the idea, the ICE cars will appear archaic to the general public, and everyone's EV sales will go up, especially Tesla. I, for one, always wave/nod even talk to the owners of other EV's. We are ambassadors for Tesla, better we welcome all EV's rather than seem snobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.