Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question to ponder is also does Tesla need to put the battery packs further back to avoid this? There's a reason gas tanks are toward the rear of the car. Perhaps Tesla will need to rethink this. I'm no engineer, just a thought.

The question is, if you take 100 Teslas, and 100 ICE cars and car them violently into a barrier, which vehicles will have a higher rate of fire? Obviously the NHSTA car din't catch fire (THAT would have been a disaster), so hopefully these two incidents were from a specific type of crash (something piercing the battery pack from below), not just a beavy impact.

Good news, no fatalities (not sure if there were even any injuries in either crash).

Elon's comments about share price were simply humble and genuine, but are being used repeatedly to bring TSLA down.

When Elon made his comments about the share price, we were in the period between the end of the quarter and the earnings report for that quarter. It should be treated as a quiet period for comments from company executives regarding matters that could affect the share price. Rightly or wrongly, Elon's somewhat negative responses to questions about the share price may have been interpreted by many to indicate that the upcoming report will be disappointing.

When asked about the stock valuation last week, Elon should simply have said that we are in the quiet period and cannot comment on that. The company really needs marketing, public relations and finance departments that have influence on company executives who are primarily engineers regarding what they should be saying in public.

Last edited:
Man, TSLA just can't catch a break. There seems to be something new every day. I would really just like to play earnings, thank you very much.
I'm getting a bit antzy sitting around waiting for the market to pick up on the news and react... Will we drop from here, or is it going to be shrugged off? You can never tell... Last time I thought it was a no biggie and I caught a falling knife using options all the way from $180 to $170 before it found support at $165.... Now that I think we might drop, the drop may never come.

When Elon made his comments about the share price, we were in the period between the end of the quarter and the earnings report for that quarter. It should be regarded as a quiet period for comments from company executives regarding matters that could affect the share price. Rightly or wrongly, Elon's somewhat negative responses to questions about the share price may have been interpreted by many to indicate that the upcoming earnings report will be disappointing.

When asked about the stock valuation last week, Elon should simply have said that we are in the quiet period and cannot comment on that. The company really needs marketing, public relations and finance departments that have influence on company executives who are primarily engineers regarding what they should be saying in public.

Elon answered this question several weeks ago. If you'll remember, he was standing outside giving a Supercharger Network demonstration. Then he was asked the question again during a lengthy interview at the Fremont factory and that interview came out right at the same time as the Supercharger demo. When asked the question then, it wasn't a 'quiet period'. What he said when asked the question last week is just what it said back then. This isn't new, he's simply repeating an already established answer. Not sure why so many seem to think it is new.

Its important that we close above ~$167 today. See uptrend and downtrend converging at Nov. 5th Q3 ER

Nn4GPKJL.png

Status
Not open for further replies.