Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveT's question is not yet answered. That was:
So, really the question is if TSLA has enough institutional (and retail to an extent) support and enthusiasm to continue it's uptrend.

Unless you (or a reader of this) is connected, you don't know. Institutions may be acting as usual, riding an up trend and selling the plateaus. What would they have done today on a one-day after plateau situation? Don't they usually wait for news but avoid analyst "upgrades"? I suspect today was a selling day for any institution who was heavy. The only way to prove this is if tomorrow is a light trading day or downward pressure to try to break down the gain and get 170/175 put options back into the money. I can only guess, as everyone else, but what institution in their right mind would risk their customers' money on a new great unknown based on some conversation Dan Galves had "with management" and his reviewing of Vin assignments on the Tesla forum? Would you bet your grandmother's life savings on that? Institutions have risk-avoidance rules in place. They are not at a gambling table. I was reading another forum today and Dan Galves also said great things about Ener1, A123, Fisker back in the day. Did he give any ratings on ECOtality?

Last edited:
DaveT's question is not yet answered. That was:
So, really the question is if TSLA has enough institutional (and retail to an extent) support and enthusiasm to continue it's uptrend.

Unless you (or a reader of this) is connected, you don't know. Institutions may be acting as usual, riding an up trend and selling the plateaus. What would they have done today on a one-day after plateau situation? Don't they usually wait for news but avoid analyst "upgrades"? I suspect today was a selling day for any institution who was heavy. The only way to prove this is if tomorrow is a light trading day or downward pressure to try to break down the gain and get 170/175 put options back into the money. I can only guess, as everyone else, but what institution in their right mind would risk their customers' money on a new great unknown based on some conversation Dan Galves had "with management" and his reviewing of Vin assignments on the Tesla forum? Would you bet your grandmother's life savings on that? Institutions have risk-avoidance rules in place. They are not at a gambling table. I was reading another forum today and Dan Galves also said great things about Ener1, A123, Fisker back in the day. Did he give any ratings on ECOtality?

It is good to have varied opinions on this site. While I would like to think that the elation we all feel with this incredible run will continue (and I think it will, albeit with some fits/starts) a different perspective is almost always brought by Bonaire. Thanks for your input/opinions.

It is good to have varied opinions on this site. While I would like to think that the elation we all feel with this incredible run will continue (and I think it will, albeit with some fits/starts) a different perspective is almost always brought by Bonaire. Thanks for your input/opinions.

All I can say is that just in my little town in Southern California (newer community with home prices $250k to $ 4 million), Model S cars are growing explosively. When 3 of my friends- all in the same town- had just purchased or ordered them back in December 2012, I jumped into the stock. Now I see many many more 60s and 85s in the whole range of colors. That is what gives me confidence in continuing to purchase TSLA...

I was debating on the Dec 2013 200 Call's. The premiums are way too crazy though it's like ~$15-16. I'm waiting for the next dip which will probably come some time next week with a new round (and probably increased) number of shorts. When these options are at about <$10 I'll be buying in.

Status
Not open for further replies.