Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like another slide day for the market so far out of the gate. I would really like to see tesla in the Green! they are making me nervous!

Still bought another Jan $200 on the dip this morning to lower my Average a bit more.

fjm- you get nervous quite a bit, based on your prior posts as well.. are you a short in disguise or a weak long? ;-) Keep your conviction strong like the rest of us if you are a long.. :)

I just nervous because i swear every time i buy some TSLA, it goes down the next day by alot, or down a few days bit by bit. So every time i buy i am in the red off the bat haha. It just gets trying on my nerves which in turn makes me miss alot of buying opportunities. Haha. I think time around i am a bit un-easy because we have been flat for a while which I can really remember a time that it was last like this haha. However, We cant let the Bears win!

(i have never been short, I have never even bought a Put :) Albeit a dangerous move.)

I Remember he said 3 in a recent interview if he suddenly said 5 now, I dont like it.
It's not sudden. Elon and Tesla have been vague for a long while. And, like the software companies Tesla patterns themselves after, they're always well late of their original targets. :tongue:

Roadster was, what, 2 years late?
Model S in the earliest announcements was to happen in 2009 if I recall, then 2011, then finally summer 2012.
Model X was originally shipping end of 2013

I'll be stunned if the Gen3 launches before late 2017 or early 2018.

It's not sudden. Elon and Tesla have been vague for a long while. And, like the software companies Tesla patterns themselves after, they're always well late of their original targets. :tongue:

Roadster was, what, 2 years late?
Model S in the earliest announcements was to happen in 2009 if I recall, then 2011, then finally summer 2012.
Model X was originally shipping end of 2013

I'll be stunned if the Gen3 launches before late 2017 or early 2018.

This is exactly why they need to be very careful about the time frame on when the E is to be ready. If some one puts any dates out there the Bears are going to grab hold of it and say that now the E is late and will try and bomb the stock as proof Tesla cant fulfill their time table. Even more so now that the stock has so much fame.

This is exactly why they need to be very careful about the time frame on when the E is to be ready. If some one puts any dates out there the Bears are going to grab hold of it and say that now the E is late and will try and bomb the stock as proof Tesla cant fulfill their time table. Even more so now that the stock has so much fame.
Eh, Gen3 is a long term thing, this is a thread on short term things. I don't think Tesla should spend much time watching if they say 3 or 5 years at this point, it's all "off somewhere in the future" until they show a model, announce a date, and start taking deposits. If someone wants to cause a short term bash on Tesla about Gen3 stuff, there's so much unknown at this point that there's no stopping such things anyway.

3rd day in a row that tsla is being contained by the 10 day MA. Need to get above this in order for the uptrend to continue.

It has rode the 10 ema before for the majority of the week before and then had a nice run forward. I think the next true outbreak is probably not until Q3, unless they make some sort of major announcement on European deliveries (very possible), or China reservations (probably not as possible). I think TSLA $200+ easy by Q3 earnings. $250 shortly after it.

Sold some covered weekly 170 calls yesterday. Usually do this expecting time decay to help me especially if there is no significant movement. And I think I'm pretty confident we won't hit 170 unless something big happens in which case I'd buy to close and take the loss and ride my other longer term options. Saw things were down this morning and felt comfortable so went back to sleep. Woke up a little later and wow! What was 50% profit an hour ago was now 100% loss :)

But it didn't seem to be because of anything Tesla related, just following the market trend. Also, really low volume so far so it's hard to give too much value to todays movement. Trying to stay disciplined and hold on even though I see a huge loss on those options at the moment. Still believe they'll expire worthless tomorrow.

I have the worse timing :)

It has rode the 10 ema before for the majority of the week before and then had a nice run forward. I think the next true outbreak is probably not until Q3, unless they make some sort of major announcement on European deliveries (very possible), or China reservations (probably not as possible). I think TSLA $200+ easy by Q3 earnings. $250 shortly after it.

Sorry. I was using the 10 day simple moving average. $200+ by Q3 earnings and $250 after would be most welcomed, and much sooner than my own price target of $200 by march 2014.

Never bet on Elon letting things simmer for long ... Could announce X pricing, send invites to a Model E launch party, announce some new S feature, a new partnership, or something else. The only thing I can count on is that when I think things will be quiet, I will be wrong.

Never bet on Elon letting things simmer for long ... Could announce X pricing, send invites to a Model E launch party, announce some new S feature, a new partnership, or something else. The only thing I can count on is that when I think things will be quiet, I will be wrong.

Amen girl!

Another reason Tesla is more fun. What other car/company has so much news every week?

Nice tribune blog, I am starting to see more and more Tesla's everyday here in downtown Chicago. Couple days ago when we dipped I was getting lunch and saw 3 within 5 minutes. Immediately thought wow I need to buy more.. def gets your bull spirit back on lol. Keep in mind when you read some bs article about Tesla only making strong sales in Cali.. they are starting to sell like crazy here in the midwest too!

Just received a special announcment in an email from Tesla telling that they expand their supercharger network in europe:
By the end of 2014, 100 percent of the population of Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and Luxembourg will live within 320 km of a Supercharger station.
About 90 percent of the population in England, Wales, France, Italy, and Sweden will also live within the same distance of a Tesla Supercharger station within the same time frame.
:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.