Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Short answer: No.

These guys are idiots. They had Sunpower rated a sell, and then after it went up 400% they finally upgraded it to a hold.

After this Tesla downgrade came out today at 10:03 EST, TSLA actually continued going up. The reason that TSLA is not going up anymore is because there are no buyers left. Everyone who wanted in already bought in. Need another catalyst for the stock to continue its upward trend.

Short answer: No.

These guys are idiots. They had Sunpower rated a sell, and then after it went up 400% they finally upgraded it to a hold.

After this Tesla downgrade came out today at 10:03 EST, TSLA actually continued going up. The reason that TSLA is not going up anymore is because there are no buyers left. Everyone who wanted in already bought in. Need another catalyst for the stock to continue its upward trend.

+1. It was a nice pop yesterday. Hopefully price consolidates around 115-120 for now. Nice base. Next catalyst probably earnings call but who knows. Maybe more analyst adjustments before then.

Stock psychology 101:

Me - 1 hour ago:
$118's? No!!! Oh crap!! But I've spent all this money on 125 Jul 5 Calls that I got at 10c, and now they're only up by 500%. :cursing:

Me - now:
$118's? Woo-hoo!! I've got some good looking 125 Jul 5 Calls that I got at 10c that are now up by 500%! :cool:

It was a rough hour...

How will July the 4th affect the US Markets? (I'm new to this...) What will we likely see on Wed and Fri?
US markets have a 1/2 day on July 3 and are closed on July 4. I expect July 5 to be a low volume day, so typically not much will happen. But with TSLA, who knows? It could wind up being highly volatile just because there's low volume, or pretty much nothing new. My hunch is pretty much nothing new.

Last year I ran for Illinois state representative and lost to David Harris with whom I remain on friendly terms. Today he informed me that he sponsored a bill requiring 25% of state vehicles to use alternative fuels and for electric recharging stations to be built on state highways and tollways. The bill has passed the state house and senate and is awaiting the governor's signature: Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB2695

If you are an Illinois resident, please email Governor Quinn and ask him to sign the bill into law: http://www2.illinois.gov/gov/Pages/ContacttheGovernor.aspx

I've also written my mayor and village trustees asking them to nudge the governor. I included the bill's original sponsor (my election opponent) in a cc. He immediately responded with thanks for my supporting his bill and for my writing the governor, the village board and the members of this message board.

Who wants to be the 10,000th person to sign the petition?

Will TSLA price get a pop from this?
Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 10.33.49 AM.png

I was completely correctly by saying 'In all reality, it will pass with or without people's action'. It should've been 'In all likelihood'... Oh well I am so convinced it will pass 4 days ago.
Only 1,000 left to go. Will be hit by end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, anyone has the complete list of petitions ever reach 100,000? I want to compare this for historical significance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.