Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. If i look at the price of the June 60 Calls i sold the day after earnings it makes me sick. But then again, cant tell you how many times i've been greedy and held only to lose it all days later. NO ONE EVER CRIED PUTTING PROFITS IN THEIR POCKETS.

Yup. If I had all the calls I've bought for this stock and have sold at various points....

Hell, I should still be holding those weekly $115's....probably lost out on a few thousand the last 20 minutes!

Based on Fibonacci, the next resistance is $120. After that, there's no more precedence or TA to draw from. We might reach VW level of epic rise.

How are you drawing your Fibonacci? I'm drawing mine on ~$63 to $97, the 138.2% is at $109.89 (which we're at right now) and the next is 161.8% ($117.78), 200% ($130.55), and so on.

But I don't really trust the 100%+ Fibonacci numbers too much, as TSLA has been gaping up for so long that your levels really depend on where you draw your initial Fib levels (intraday 1 min, 1 hour, 1 day, etc.).

OTOH, I thought we were already in VW levels of epic rise when TSLA launched like a rocket from $55.

I don't even go back and check the price of the calls I had two weeks ago... That would just be too painful and also could inflict me with a severe case of GREED instead of thankfulness for the amazing profits I've taken and am about to take!

How are you drawing your Fibonacci? I'm drawing mine on ~$63 to $97, the 138.2% is at $109.89 (which we're at right now) and the next is 161.8% ($117.78), 200% ($130.55), and so on. But I don't really trust the 100%+ Fibonacci numbers too much, as TSLA has been gaping up for so long that your levels really depend on where you draw your initial Fib levels (intraday 1 min, 1 hour, 1 day, etc.). OTOH, I thought we were already in VW levels of epic rise when TSLA launched like a rocket from $55.
Yeah my mistake, I was eyeballing the chart without looking at the cents.. 117.78 for the 161.8% level. It's a judgement call between the psychology of even numbers or fibs. Don't really trust the 261.8% level unless it goes straight up to there. I use fib because TSLA has blown past all TA now. The only one to use in this situation is fibs. For TSLA to equal to VW, it need a 4x rise from $55. i.e. $200... Coincidently, the 423% level is at $200. How convenient. If Elon really wants to manipulate the stock. Have a super announcement at $200 level. Then TSLA will go into the guiness book as the most epic squeeze.

And it's still going up, after hours.

EDIT: Whoops, big drop now in the aftermarket.

Back up to $110.50

I really feel like people are just not selling their shares now. So many people got in somewhere in the $90's and just don't plan on selling soon. Lots of institutions, etc that are long haulers here.

Anyone who wants in simply has to pay the premium now. Could be on our way to $150 soon. $110 might sound like a deal soon...

I don't think this is the news. To me, that's old news that GenIII is an entry level EV. What was surprising about the Goldman Sachs visit was the fact that they're going to do a GenIII SUV and Sedan.

That was talked about earlier- the GENIII was always to frame 2 models just like the S-X; no new news there either

- - - Updated - - -

Back up to $110.50

I really feel like people are just not selling their shares now. So many people got in somewhere in the $90's and just don't plan on selling soon. Lots of institutions, etc that are long haulers here.

Anyone who wants in simply has to pay the premium now. Could be on our way to $150 soon. $110 might sound like a deal soon...

well we just added another $B or so today in valuation , that will only take a few years of sales to close the gap just created. As long as we're in fantasy land, I don't really see anything stopping the first Trillion dollar company by earnings report. I'd target $800 by then.

well we just added another $B or so today in valuation , that will only take a few years of sales to close the gap just created. As long as we're in fantasy land, I don't really see anything stopping the first Trillion dollar company by earnings report. I'd target $800 by then.

Yeah I don't know what to say. It's just going bananas now - people want in and people aren't selling. We're up to $111.00 in AH right now. Weekly call options for $110 were less than $2.00 a couple hours ago. They're in-the-money now somehow. It's a raging bull. I'm just blown away.

my advice to everyone is to look at the chart- do the numbers; and be real careful out there-
we are in territory now where the buyer at these valuations per share are arguably more crazy than the shorts ever were.
disclosure- I'm still long my shares (closed my option calls), so by all means keep it going- but in fairness I tell my family-friends and anyone who asks; this valuation is far out of reality (even Elon himself would no doubt admit that- hence the last minute finance deal);
I suspect the odds are good for a better entry point even as more rise may be in the cards from Elon announcements -

Status
Not open for further replies.