Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shopping for new 19" tires for my P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's wrong with the Pirelli Cinturato P7? I've read some great reviews over at TM forums, and the online reviews of the tire are fantastic in terms of noise, comfort, and handling. I'm thinking of replacing my Michelin Primacies with the Cinturato when the time comes. I hate the Primacies... noisy, rough ride, and terrible tramlining.

It hasn't changed. I drive my car very very hard. It was around 360 Wh/mi for the first 45k on the good years and it has remained around there for the A/S 3. That being said, when I want to drive like a normal person I can get it below 300Wh/mi but for me that takes a little conscious effort lol

So we're alike. My lifetime average with winter is 380. My one month average is the current weather is 356. With cruise on at the speed limit I can get down to 330.

Last edited:
Well I pulled the trigger and went with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. The customer ratings are quite good, with 100% of purchasers saying they would definitely buy them again. That's high praise. My only concern about them is their wet traction appears to be not quite as good as other tires in the class. In exchange, they have the best ratings for noise and fuel economy (LRR), and snow traction. I still have my dedicated snow tires, but I may try these tires this winter. Let's hope these tires can deal with the demands of the P85D. They aren't high-performance tires; they are grand touring. We'll find out soon enough if I made a mistake!

Thanks to everyone for their opinions, recommendations, etc. If anyone else is shopping right now, Pirelli has a $60 mail-in rebate that expires TODAY (7/6).

Sorry I am a wee bit late with this AndrewKET but...
I do not think that anyone has mentioned the Nokian zLINE which comes in P245/45 R19.
As you are probably aware Nokian has a great reputation for winter/snow tires with TESLA use and I suspect the zLINE high performance tire would perhaps work well.
I do not know if it is a Low Rolling Resistance tire nor what its tread life rating is.
However they are marketed as being very excellent performers, very quiet, good in the wet and made from ecologically friendly materials.
At $172 per tire (Amazon free shipping) they are probably worth a look see.

Last edited:
Well I pulled the trigger and went with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. The customer ratings are quite good, with 100% of purchasers saying they would definitely buy them again. That's high praise. My only concern about them is their wet traction appears to be not quite as good as other tires in the class. In exchange, they have the best ratings for noise and fuel economy (LRR), and snow traction. I still have my dedicated snow tires, but I may try these tires this winter. Let's hope these tires can deal with the demands of the P85D. They aren't high-performance tires; they are grand touring. We'll find out soon enough if I made a mistake!

Thanks to everyone for their opinions, recommendations, etc. If anyone else is shopping right now, Pirelli has a $60 mail-in rebate that expires TODAY (7/6).

I bought Pirelli Cinturato All Season Plus and I feel that the road noise is much better than with Michelins.

Discount Tire had sale during memorial day and they offered $100 mail in rebate in addition to Pirelli's $60 mail in rebate.

I really like the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 all-seasons on my P85+. And they are LLR and affordable.

I also run Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 in the summer on 21" rims.

I have the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2, i loved them, I've put 11,000 miles on them and it seems it will only last another 10,000 not the 40,000 that i was hoping for. Goodyear lasted 17,000 before the wires started to show.