Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Vehicle warning / Air suspension issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked car in the sun 95+ degrees for 3 hours and came back with a "service vehicle" warning along with red icon suspension warning. I could also not modify (raise/lower) suspension. I called service center and they said there was a communication issue between main computer and smart air suspension. He said so long as all wheels appeared to have same suspension setting it would be ok to drive and then scheduled me to bring it in for service. Drove home and parked car for 24 hours. Next day error warnings were gone and suspension worked fine.

I still have the service appointment scheduled for next week. Should I cancel?

Thoughts?

Don't cancel if you have time to go to SC. Let them investigate or it could get worse.

I say this based on an issue I had. On a hot day after being parked in the sun an ABS warning appeared once, but was gone after reset. Then in a week again. Then once every two days. Then every day. Then several times a day. Then after 10 meters driven.

A the SC they found the issue and fixed it the same day.

"service vehicle" warning along with red icon suspension warning. I could also not modify (raise/lower) suspension.

This happened to me too a couple of days ago, but early in the morning in my garage. I was unable to adjust the suspension, drove to work in "very high", and called Tesla service to get it fixed. While I drove to the service center that evening, the warning disappeared and the suspension lowered itself again. The service manager said they had pulled the logs and could only find the error message, but nothing else out of the ordinary, so they send me home until it happens again. They mentioned that they had one car a while ago that needed the control module replaced.

I was concerned, because of this: Air Suspension failure with very unpleasant results | Forums | Tesla Motors
However, they seemed very confident that nothing bad would happen, so I am just monitoring at this point.

I had, seemingly, the same failure. But the phone assistant told me to shut down the car for a few minutes and try again. That resolved the issue and it hasn't returned since.
I wouldn't take it in, unless you are still advised to do so. They can read the logs remotely, anyhow.

I had, seemingly, the same failure. But the phone assistant told me to shut down the car for a few minutes and try again. That resolved the issue and it hasn't returned since.
I wouldn't take it in, unless you are still advised to do so. They can read the logs remotely, anyhow.

Same for me about a month ago. Called service while driving home with the error, by the time I reached home error had disappeared. Hasn't returned since. The good thing is I'm confident Tesla will fix anything if there is a hardware problem at the service center, and may possibly have fixed any software related issue in the two OTA updates that I've received since then.