Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Wait Times - Post Your Results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Portland - was going to be about three weeks, but got a call they had hired additional people and the wait was shortened to three days. Parking anywhere near the service center was bad though. They had Teslas stacked two to a parking spot out front and there still was no parking. When I picked up my car it was parked on the other end of the industrial park and I had to park the rental car they gave me (no Tesla loaners available) in the industrial park next door.

Sara who was the person who I talked to the most was very helpful but said she's been working 14 hour days the last couple of weeks.

I also heard a rumor they will be expanding the ranger program soon. I hope they do that here. It takes me an hour each way to get to the service center. Dropping off my car and picking it up adds 4 hours travel time over two days.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
Houston Westchase SC, located about 30 minutes away, always been willing to look at my car and answer a question with no waiting period. When some work was needed, it was promptly scheduled and a loaner driven to my house. I am very satisfied with the service.

Reactions: Falkirk
Bellevue, WA. One-time issue seemed to fix itself, but I emailed Tesla and they asked me to bring the car in the next day. They are also doing the annual maintenance at the same time (which I had just scheduled two days ago for next week).

They had a loaded Model X P100D loaner waiting for me.

Awesome.

I was in Salt Lake City. I am from Florida traveling.
Software update went bad. I went to SC. The service manager was fantastic. Took me right in. Assigned SW guy to it.
Ended up with Fremont having re load SW update.
They were great. And the facility is sparkling clean.
Just plain great place.

Burlingame Service Center. Nail in tire. They offered to either come out to my house or have me bring it in the next morning (slow leak so the tire was still inflated). I was tempted by the "house call" offer but instead brought it in. They fixed the tire and also one loose piece of interior trim while I waited (30 minutes or so).

Fantastic service.

Last edited:
Kansas City service center doesn't seem too busy. I've only had my car in for minor stuff (biggest was door handle fix), but I've never had to wait and they usually offer to drive out to my place to pick up and drop off my car. So far they have always had an S loaner to offer, usually either an 85 or an 85D.

As of July, it was 30 days for the Los Angeles Service Center (on Santa Monica). I was given a loaner over the weekend (P90D w/Lud).

It's definitely gotten worse; when I used to take my MS40 there all the time a while back and it would only be 2-3 day wait.

Just an update to my previous post... in last 4 weeks I had to take my MS in twice. Both times they were able to schedule me the next day and provide a loaner (LA/SC on Santa Monica). Very attentive and texted me updates throughout... dramatic improvement!

It may be of interest to the community to see a non-scientific sampling of real world wait times at various Service Centers. Please post your Service Center name, days you have had to wait after first call to actual service appointment, vehicle that is getting serviced, whether loaner was requested.

I've read concerns about Service Center overload between the Model S and X fleet. I've also read that people are hesitant to buy into the Tesla ecosystem because of these concerns. This survey will hopefully shine some light on whether there is a real problem or a first world problem. I hope it's not the case with the arrival of Model 3 in a year and a half.

Dania Beach, FL - 10 Day Wait - Model X Sig P90D - Loaner

i emailed Orlando service 13 days ago.....after 7days they replied back asking for the info i had already provided????
So i sent the info again......snd result No service appointment!!! WTF????

so i decided last week....just call Tesla and ask for a ranger to come fix my door handle.....F it.....the other annoying items can wait.

I called at 9:59AM on Thursday and was told ranger would be in touch in a couple of days.....so now its Monday at 1:30PM and no ranger call back....

I did call Tesla last night at 11:30PM and the operator didn't seem to concerned .....she said the ranger prolly got the request on Friday and he doesn't work weekends......so i will prolly get a call today!

all i gotta say is, I'm new to the Tesla game, and this is the crappiest service i could imagine!!!

i emailed Orlando service 13 days ago.....after 7days they replied back asking for the info i had already provided????
So i sent the info again......snd result No service appointment!!! WTF????

so i decided last week....just call Tesla and ask for a ranger to come fix my door handle.....F it.....the other annoying items can wait.

I called at 9:59AM on Thursday and was told ranger would be in touch in a couple of days.....so now its Monday at 1:30PM and no ranger call back....

I did call Tesla last night at 11:30PM and the operator didn't seem to concerned .....she said the ranger prolly got the request on Friday and he doesn't work weekends......so i will prolly get a call today!

all i gotta say is, I'm new to the Tesla game, and this is the crappiest service i could imagine!!!

but you don't have to get an oil change twice a year, so this is better

^ I've been having trouble getting through to service now that the Littleton CO number goes to the national line, where I end up on permanent hold (I get really annoyed by the repeated messages about scheduling online — I've never been able to find the link for online service scheduling, is there one?).

I contacted the Ranger who handles my area and he verified that the 50,000 mile service I want can't be done by Rangers (coolant flush needs to be done in a service center). However, he told me to call the main 877-798-3752 roadside line. The options tree can link to local service based on one's phone number — it's not just for roadside emergencies. I tried that and, after just two phone tree layers, immediately was routed to the Littleton Service Center. Appointment made for just a week from now — could have been sooner but I wanted 8 AM.

So, one week or less for routine service at Littleton CO.

^ I've been having trouble getting through to service now that the Littleton CO number goes to the national line, where I end up on permanent hold (I get really annoyed by the repeated messages about scheduling online — I've never been able to find the link for online service scheduling, is there one?).

I contacted the Ranger who handles my area and he verified that the 50,000 mile service I want can't be done by Rangers (coolant flush needs to be done in a service center). However, he told me to call the main 877-798-3752 roadside line. The options tree can link to local service based on one's phone number — it's not just for roadside emergencies. I tried that and, after just two phone tree layers, immediately was routed to the Littleton Service Center. Appointment made for just a week from now — could have been sooner but I wanted 8 AM.

So, one week or less for routine service at Littleton CO.

i finally got mine booked at Montreal service
Took them 7 days to respond to the email - then car was scheduled for pick up 8 days later- the 4 year annual service took 8 days to complete

*next year should be a *sugar*-show when Model 3's become due for annual maintenance.....if Tesla doesn't add service centers or expand the ones they have

Just an update to my previous post... in last 4 weeks I had to take my MS in twice. Both times they were able to schedule me the next day and provide a loaner (LA/SC on Santa Monica). Very attentive and texted me updates throughout... dramatic improvement!

Sheesh... how things have changed.

Now it's 6 weeks+ to schedule service, you're not allowed to talk to humans anymore... have to use the App. If you do happen to get a human... they tell you "use the App!".

Yeh, I know... Model 3... "production hell" excuses... we'll all just pretend like Tesla got very drunk at a party, got knocked up and only had 9 months to prepare for the arrival of a new kid... 4th kid actually; but still lives on the wild side < rock it to 11 >... capacity planning is for suckas!