Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Cherry Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up taking the car back the next day. Good news was they had a Tesla loaner for me, bad news was I had to wait 15 minutes while they finished fixing it. Only problem was one of the rocker panels was seriously scratched up and they didn't mention it. I walked around the car (yes I should have looked closer), but I didn't notice it until I got home. I was rather worried that I would be held liable for it, so I shot [email protected] an email right away. Never heard anything about it, and didn't have any issues when I brought it back.

They did a 12V reset and updated the firmware and I had my car back in an hour or two. I'm rather irritated that there isn't a way for the end user to do a 12V reset, or at least for service to do one remotely, but other than that everything went smoothly this time!

Seems like they are having some growing pains, but the guys there seem eager and helpful so I'm sure it will improve in the future!

Reactions: madodel
Are there any superchargers here? I normally stop in Newark DE and Hamilton NJ but this would help tremendously if there was one.

The Supercharger map on Tesla's website shows Mt. Laurel and Cherry Hill for future locations, but not Deptford so it's possible that Deptford is in lieu of one of those (probably Cherry Hill).

Attachments

• supercharger map.JPG
    supercharger map.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 65
After two weeks of no valid registration for the Tesla, I finally got my NJ driver license after ridiculous identification requirements from the NJDMV bureaucrats (my US Passport didn't list my middle name, but my SC Driver license did. Obviously me in both photos, but "Oh, we can't take them because the names aren't the same." Finally got the additional NON-photo ID that they insisted on from SC, and took that in yesterday).
Licensed the Tesla and took it to Cherry Hill Service Center to make an appointment for annual service. To my surprise, they said they could do it that afternoon!
They gave me a ride home in a Model X P100DL - about three miles - and a few hours later dropped the Tesla off at my house with servicing complete and a new license plate frame and the plate on the front. Car washed and vacuumed.
Great job by the new Center!:D

I ended up taking the car back the next day. Good news was they had a Tesla loaner for me, bad news was I had to wait 15 minutes while they finished fixing it. Only problem was one of the rocker panels was seriously scratched up and they didn't mention it. I walked around the car (yes I should have looked closer), but I didn't notice it until I got home. I was rather worried that I would be held liable for it, so I shot [email protected] an email right away. Never heard anything about it, and didn't have any issues when I brought it back.

They did a 12V reset and updated the firmware and I had my car back in an hour or two. I'm rather irritated that there isn't a way for the end user to do a 12V reset, or at least for service to do one remotely, but other than that everything went smoothly this time!

Seems like they are having some growing pains, but the guys there seem eager and helpful so I'm sure it will improve in the future!
A 12v reset usually involves disconnecting the 12v battery and stepping on the brake for 30s to drain anything left in the capacitors. That works to reset computers in pretty much every car I've ever had.

After two weeks of no valid registration for the Tesla, I finally got my NJ driver license after ridiculous identification requirements from the NJDMV bureaucrats (my US Passport didn't list my middle name, but my SC Driver license did. Obviously me in both photos, but "Oh, we can't take them because the names aren't the same." Finally got the additional NON-photo ID that they insisted on from SC, and took that in yesterday).

Off topic: Our family moved to Cherry Hill, NJ in 1972. I was 8 years old. My 83 year old (now) mother has lived at the same NJ address, and has been a fully licensed NJ driver since then. When NJ enacted their new license ID rules a few years ago (I'm guessing 5 years or so ago), my mother had to re-prove her identity to the NJ DMV in order to renew her license. She had her valid passport, birth certificate, bank and utility statements, yadda, yadda yadda.. but they needed a sort of 'paper trail' of her last names, since it was different on her birth certificate than her current documents. Well, she married my dad in the early 50's and took his name (same as mine), but then divorced in the 60's. She remarried in the early 70's before moving to NJ. NJ DMV wanted to see her marriage license -- no big deal, as my mother was able to dig it out. Nope, they also demanded to she her ORIGINAL divorce agreement from 1965 before they would consider the new rules 'satisfied' and renew her license. Well, she certainly didn't have that document 40+ year later, and my father died in 1981. So my mother had to go back to my step-mother (my dad also remarried) and have her dig through tons of old paperwork to find the original documents. Luckily, they were able to locate it and my mother was able to get her NJ license renewed. But seriously, those rules are really messed up.

Off topic: Our family moved to Cherry Hill, NJ in 1972. I was 8 years old. My 83 year old (now) mother has lived at the same NJ address, and has been a fully licensed NJ driver since then. When NJ enacted their new license ID rules a few years ago (I'm guessing 5 years or so ago), my mother had to re-prove her identity to the NJ DMV in order to renew her license. She had her valid passport, birth certificate, bank and utility statements, yadda, yadda yadda.. but they needed a sort of 'paper trail' of her last names, since it was different on her birth certificate than her current documents. Well, she married my dad in the early 50's and took his name (same as mine), but then divorced in the 60's. She remarried in the early 70's before moving to NJ. NJ DMV wanted to see her marriage license -- no big deal, as my mother was able to dig it out. Nope, they also demanded to she her ORIGINAL divorce agreement from 1965 before they would consider the new rules 'satisfied' and renew her license. Well, she certainly didn't have that document 40+ year later, and my father died in 1981. So my mother had to go back to my step-mother (my dad also remarried) and have her dig through tons of old paperwork to find the original documents. Luckily, they were able to locate it and my mother was able to get her NJ license renewed. But seriously, those rules are really messed up.
For me, what they demanded was a copy of a name change court order, since I changed my last name to my late wife's last name two years ago, even though my new, fully legal last name appeared on all the documents I presented them. Their argument was that I needed to show them whether to include my middle name on my license or not, as that would affect the DL number on my new NJ license. In essence, they insisted on using a relatively-easy-to-counterfeit document to validate two much-more-difficult-to-counterfeit ones!
The joke was that, since I'd had a NJ license years before, they just reissued it with the same number (jut a different letter prefix) anyway.
Bureaucrats. :rolleyes:

...since I changed my last name to my late wife's last name two years ago...

First and most importantly, I'm sorry about your loss. That being said, it is kind of a relief to hear that I'm not the only male who has had some hilariously annoying issues with a name change. My wife and I took a neutral last name when we were married. She would call a bank or other company and say "I got married and changed my name." They would say "congratulations, we've updated our systems." I would call and say the same, and hear "we're going to need a written explanation, a notarized copy of the court's Order, and a saliva sample." Glad you got your license in the end...

Anyone have a contact phone number or e-mail for a service manager physically located at Cherry Hill that I can use? I'm trying to schedule an appointment to replace my center screen that has the yellow ring problem and want to make sure they have the part in stock before driving down there. No one answers the bloody phone in the service department when I can the general number for this location.

Anyone have a contact phone number or e-mail for a service manager physically located at Cherry Hill that I can use? I'm trying to schedule an appointment to replace my center screen that has the yellow ring problem and want to make sure they have the part in stock before driving down there. No one answers the bloody phone in the service department when I can the general number for this location.

I will be there on Friday for a service appointment so if you don’t get an answer before then, let me know and I can ask them while I am down there.

I show the following:
Main Number: ‭(856) 356-1088‬

Address:
1605 Route 70 West
Cherry Hill NJ 08002
United States

Store Hours
Monday - Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm

Service Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed

The service manager's name is John McAfee

I must say though, I don't even own a Tesla yet but have been there several times to check the cars out, take test drives, talk about Tesla Solar, etc. I am *VERY* unhappy with that Cherry Hill NJ facility because of the people that staff it. Extremely unprofessional, under-educated, under-whelming, and ultimately their "people skills" and customer services skills are next to none.

From my brief experience with Tesla of Devon, PA they seem like a MUCH better group of people to take care of customers and represent the Tesla Brand.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
From my brief experience with Tesla of Devon, PA they seem like a MUCH better group of people to take care of customers and represent the Tesla Brand.

Having only used Devon so far, I can vouch for the fact that they are great over there. I have not had dealings with Cherry Hill yet, but it is much closer for me so I plan on using them in the future. Hopefully I will have better luck there than you.

Reactions: AcesAreWld

I hate to say it, because Cherry Hill is my "local" SC (70 miles away vs. 90 miles away for Devon, but Devon also on the other side of Philly to me), but I'd agree with the above and the experience of @crmartin9. Cherry Hill service just does not answer their phone. On the plus side, I've had great experiences with local techs from the Tesla Mobile Service.

Reactions: AcesAreWld
h
I hate to say it, because Cherry Hill is my "local" SC (70 miles away vs. 90 miles away for Devon, but Devon also on the other side of Philly to me), but I'd agree with the above and the experience of @crmartin9. Cherry Hill service just does not answer their phone. On the plus side, I've had great experiences with local techs from the Tesla Mobile Service.

Have you tried emailing service? I have had great luck with emailing Devon. I haven't tried Cherry Hill yet, but perhaps they respond to email better than phone?

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
Thanks for the replies. Didn't get a lot of warm and fuzzies about going to Cherry Hill, so I'll go ahead and go to Devon to get the screen replaced.

Hopefully, when they open the new SC in Lawrence, NJ that will be closest to my home, they won't go through the same growing pains as Cherry Hill.

Thanks for the replies. Didn't get a lot of warm and fuzzies about going to Cherry Hill, so I'll go ahead and go to Devon to get the screen replaced.

Hopefully, when they open the new SC in Lawrence, NJ that will be closest to my home, they won't go through the same growing pains as Cherry Hill.

I think that is a smart move. It's almost as if the Cherry Hill facility was looking for *SOMEONE* ... *ANYONE!* to fill the open staff positions; and in NO WAY hired the RIGHT PEOPLE, they just hired people.

I've been tremendously disappointed, and would like to let Tesla Corporate know about it, if I had a contact for them...