Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Cherry Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not personally gone to check it out recently, but someone posted in the SJ EV Club Facebook page that they saw evidence of superchargers to the right rear of the parking lot when you pull in. I have no other confirmation of this. I was there when it was a furniture store and that lot is very small and hard to maneuver in -- you can also see how small it is from Google Maps. I don't know how they will manage new cars, service cars, visitors, and superchargers unless they also have another remote lot. Even for the Grand Opening, where will everyone park? There is no street parking.
@jaguar36 and @skidme -- will you be going to the event? If yes, see you there.
I wish, unfortunately working late that night! Let us know how it goes, I'm very excited about this site and the potential of even urban superchagers, given lack of options in Philly!

Stopped by just now and it really doesn't look at all ready. There is still open framing, doors missing and gravel everywhere. Pretty much every single spot in the admittedly tiny parking lot was full of work trucks though, so maybe they'll get it done.

Also didn't see any evidence of superchargers, but there is snow everywhere so it could be hiding.

So the better question is, when can we make appointments for service? Both of my cars need work done, but I've been putting it off cause Devon is such a pain to get to.

so maybe they'll get it done.
@jaguar36 -- nothing like a hard deadline to push someone to finish a task :) We'll see next week. I doubt they are taking appointments yet, but I bet you can be one of the first if you schedule it at the opening event. I wonder how they selected who to invite. I have checked with other owners in the area and none have been invited (yet). Length of ownership? Number or type of Tesla? Random? Some combination of the former plus distance from Cherry Hill?

@jaguar36 -- nothing like a hard deadline to push someone to finish a task :) We'll see next week. I doubt they are taking appointments yet, but I bet you can be one of the first if you schedule it at the opening event. I wonder how they selected who to invite. I have checked with other owners in the area and none have been invited (yet). Length of ownership? Number or type of Tesla? Random? Some combination of the former plus distance from Cherry Hill?
I'm guessing its either random or related to the number of service visits. We've got two Teslas and got the first in 2014 and didn't get an invite. Course with the size of the lot it could only be like 10 people who were invited.

If you look at the Google map link below, you'll see a lot filled with trees adjacent to the building. They are probably going to clear that lot for parking. Furniture stores don't need a lot of parking (big building/small lot).

Also, note that the map has the building labeled as "Tesla".

Google Maps

If you look at the Google map link below, you'll see a lot filled with trees adjacent to the building. They are probably going to clear that lot for parking.

That wasn't on the town plans and I think the town would object to it (I know I would). They've got about 50 spots (including those charging spots) marked on the plans. That seems like its probably enough, particularly if they use a remote lot. The current lot doesn't seem like its big enough for that many spots though, maybe they have room to back it up farther or something though

D99C142C-6C8C-4772-8D43-13682CB17D79.jpeg
98D5DE2C-E1B6-4AB2-A1AD-E5D8EF3005A1.jpeg
The Tesla sign is up! One of the service doors is up, but they still have to do the other one. Looks at least a few weeks away still to me.

• Informative
Reactions: gavine and ViviV
As promised, I swing by and got some (aerial) shots of the progress...
Here it what it looks like as of March 31st, 2018

I took a significant amount of video of the area as well, which I'll try to put together to show a little more detail and proximity of the area.

10 Preview images are in this thread, but ALL of the in FULL SIZE can be found here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CWq2lxAFOI2vgU8F2

DJI_0858.jpg
DJI_0864.jpg
DJI_0870.jpg
DJI_0874.jpg
DJI_0887.jpg
DJI_0893.jpg
DJI_0914.jpg
DJI_0926.jpg
IMG_0141.JPG
IMG_8966.JPG

Interesting, there are what looks like 6 regular charger spots there but they're not where the plans listed. That leaves 8 spots where the plans only had 6 for "High Powered Charging".

Looks just about ready to open though!

Interesting, there are what looks like 6 regular charger spots there but they're not where the plans listed. That leaves 8 spots where the plans only had 6 for "High Powered Charging".

Looks just about ready to open though!

Yes, those 6 spots are definitely “high power” chargers and not Tesla Superchargers (based on electrical connections and design I saw there). I suppose there will be no Superchargers on site... just those high power charging spots for customers and new car deliveries.