Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what now for the stock? Any thoughts? Everything sounds all great but can they really grow sales this year?
WS ignoring sales miss and deliveries miss and eps miss and FCF down

looking ahead at M2 and rideshare and AI

bullish sentiment i think coz finally there’s hope for the future

puts expiring means MM massive buying of stock to unhedge? bounce!

So what’s gonna happen to SP tomorrow when millions of puts get closed ?
Nothing because they’re all gonna be 90+% down.

This feels like an inflection point and I’m annoyed I let my fear make me sell calls this morning.

Looking to roll out my -c155/160s a month or two to move it up a bit because I don’t think a week will be enough. I’ve been here before - rolling out a week to move up $5 during a strong rally never got me very far. Unless we drop a bit from here tomorrow, in which case I’ll keep them open hoping they expire.

Glad I at least scooped up a few 12/26 +c100 and I also bought back shares in AH all the way up from 151-160.

Right now that number is 165. Consider:

a/ Put bets are sky high, which means if a squeeze happens, it can be violent.
b/ ER is tomorrow which can trigger a squeeze. There's no telling what ER is going to do.
c/ In the event of a squeeze, 4 weeks is too big a window to play a pullback
d/ We were 165 just last week so a squeeze can make it ITM in no time

I'm not saying there will be a squeeze, but my numbers & timing are always designed for the worst case scenario in the absence of a complete chart, which we're lacking right now. Only 4/26 165+ if selling CCs for me. If you sell 5/3 165, chances are it will expire worthless but there's a slim chance it wont and I don't want to be worried about it if I tell you to do it.

The only exception is if tomorrow we gap down, you can sell any CC you want and close them lower. Maybe 130.
High chance we will not trade over 165 before pulling back. This is a prime example of preparing for the worst case scenario.

This is a short covering into a squeeze. The narrative has changed, and yet we have really nothing positive to look forward to for the next 2 months so don't count on any rocket just yet.