Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this was not targeted to anyone in particular but please read the room when posting things like this as someone lost big today. Just sayin' cause I've been there too and the receiver of this message just kicks a man while he's down. No need to reply or defend. All I ask is for exercising discretion for these kinds of posts in the future.
I can appreciate where you’re coming from. I’m certain dl003 didn’t intend to target anyone in this thread.

and that's ok. be the house.
Actually its not. There is a separate thread for other stocks - it can get very confusing as to what a poster is talking about.

But hey, what do I know. Anyway, as I wrote a while back - reading this thread makes people take more risks (to get the kind of money others are getting) - so may be it helps people like me read the thread less ;)

I can appreciate where you’re coming from. I’m certain dl003 didn’t intend to target anyone in this thread.
Agreed and not only that, all the posts about stuff other than options for TSLA is just noise, quite a bit of noise, so I don't read it.

I read @BornToFly and others that I know, but just for TSLA options stuff.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
Actually its not. There is a separate thread for other stocks - it can get very confusing as to what a poster is talking about.

But hey, what do I know. Anyway, as I wrote a while back - reading this thread makes people take more risks (to get the kind of money others are getting) - so may be it helps people like me read the thread less ;)
I don't agree with having separate thread for other stocks, but agree with reading this thread creates a lot of FOMO and risk management can quickly go down the drain. Should be mindful of your own psyche.

Last edited:
I don't agree with having separate thread for other stocks,
Someone created a separate thread for other stocks. But I agree - there is some synergy in having them all in one thread - may be everyone posting can note in the beginning what stock they are talking about (if its not TSLA) - that way it won't be confusing.

I mean, AAPL and TSLA prices are so similar too (don't know if anyone is posting about AAPL here) ... !

1709928277690.png

Looks like I will have a $25 loss X 300.

If anyone has a solution for my +900/-930 BPS in the next 68 minutes - I AM ALL EARS!

What I've done in the past is to roll with a bigger width. But that was taking higher risk and if the SP goes against you would lose 1.5M instead of 750K. Ofcourse that assumes you don't have margin issues ...

What I've done in the past is to roll with a bigger width. But that was taking higher risk and if the SP goes against you would lose 1.5M instead of 750K. Ofcourse that assumes you don't have margin issues ...
That is the problem. I could sell TSLA to increase margin, but I risk losing even more.

I have this feeling that NVDA will be 930 on Monday. One day too late for me....