Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope it's not late March 2022 repeated. I think it'll go up, but hopefully not like THAT.
I don't even think a P/D number of 500k would really cause the breakout.

Really the only thing that could cause a breakout like that would be either V12 customer release or China FSD release or combination of both. The bearish narrative right now is just too strong against the stock

I don't even think a P/D number of 500k would really cause the breakout.

Really the only thing that could cause a breakout like that would be either V12 customer release or China FSD release or combination of both. The bearish narrative right now is just too strong against the stock
Only us fanatics will even notice and understand V12 and FSD in China. Try explaining V12 to the average Joe; it'll put you in an official TMC -logo'd straight jacket quicker than today's trading. V12 will, IMHO, certainly be different, but, well... that won't translate to higher TSLA price any time soon.

Edit - Perhaps I underestimate the value of Chinese FSD revenue...

Closed all positions to the down side in regards to TSLA?

Powell's dovish pivot is bullish for the macros but we are talking about macro's here being at ATH's while TSLA can't even get a 1% jump. I have a hard time seeing macro's rally much higher in Santa rally mode considering ATH's and the recent 1 month rally. I see a more meaningful macro rally in mid to late Q1 after a pretty decent rug pull to end Q4/begin Q1.

Seems more likely we get a minor rug pull sometime over the next 2-4 weeks for the macros and considering how TSLA has been continually weak for weeks now, I see continued underperformance. That 2+ year downtrend line has been absolutely solid and doesn't seem to be any catalyst big enough for the next quarter or so to break it. The new cycle has also been consistently bearish for a couple months now. Seems like the stock is destined to test the uptrend low line that would put it at 218 on Jan 1st.
You're acting as if this is the first time TSLA has ever underperformed the market. I've been on the receiving end of the squeeze often enough to say don't be so sure. What we've just witnessed is a consolidation.

Really got burned today as you can imagine.
Not too happy, but our beloved stock is up at least
closed all positions to the down side. with huge losses.
Hugs. Thank you so much for posting all this.

Could so easily have been me; I bought a bunch of 19 apr 2024 $230 puts that are down that I'll hold, but mostly all I did was forgo buying lots of LEAPS, which could have made me an exquisit little day trade.

Reactions: Jim Holder
You're acting as if this is the first time TSLA has ever underperformed the market. I've been on the receiving end of the squeeze often enough to say don't be so sure. What we've just witnessed is a consolidation.
Been through the rodeo a few times over the past 12 years. Main difference between this time and all the other times is that earnings/margins/profits have been consistently trending down for 4 straight quarters…where as all the other times, fundamentals were improving/going up even if the stock stagnated for quite a long time.

Market is going to require either Tesla to proves that fundamentals have bottomed and are moving back up or we get a major announcement of future revenue stream - so V12 or China FSD release.

I’d love to be wrong though. Would like to sell covered calls but the current premium just isn’t worth it.

BTO 10x +C250 12/29/23 @$3.00 (same ones I sold yesterday at close for $3.55) - Lotto
If it loses $233 I'll cut and reposition.

STC @$4.40
BTO (re-bought) @$3.75 seeing that we're closing over $238.

Also:
STO 5x -C280 3/15/24 @$9.25
STO 10x -C300 3/15/24 @$5.81
Planning on adding more as the SP rises if we continue up. These are for the expected Jan/Feb weakness and/or retracement at end of this run. If we just keep going up I'll deal with them then. Happy to get $289.25 and $305.81 for a bunch of shares I have from $298.

I'm trying hard to BTO anything TSLA at the moment. Scared the peewee out of me this week and that big ass dump this morning.
Then it burn all those holding Puts with the crazy pump back up to green.

Nice to see DI003 back. Hope he can tell us based on TA what the future hold.

I'm trying hard to BTO anything TSLA at the moment. Scared the peewee out of me this week and that big ass dump this morning.

1702503238665.png

Why are you BTO anyway? I know it's hard to resist but the most profitable options strategy I've figured out so far is to not buy short-term calls.

Wow. Glad I decided not to roll 240P to next week. I opened Monday when SP was below 240 for 6.20 and SP ending Friday 235 would still profit with BTC. Nice boost from FOMC. Now, when to close this...

Great job! This morning I rolled my -240p to next week's -237p for a slight credit. So I missed out on potential extra profits. Fortune favors the bold.

Didn’t expect the rollercoaster today - but hopeful orders got executed !

Rolled 260 CC to 265 12/29 (will be off next 2 weeks). Opened 1/3rd of 205 puts. Both for $1.

Yet to close the 215 and 220 puts for this week and open those for 12/29.

BTW, I’m also slowly selling off some muni bonds that were under water - but are now green. Just moving that money to muni money market. Today’s big bond move up helps.

The interest pivot being near AND announced (the latter I did not expect this time around and that is really what caused the turn) brings me -rethinking the day- to the only possible conclusion especially considering Tesla lagging SPY a few weeks now: MA4x divergency will resolve in an upward manner finally. (As in “SP will stay above all of 20, 50, 200 and 365 MA”) so I will compensate today’s losses quickly as I will do some bold -P three months out (with intent to close @ 80%) Before all of that , today I closed my earlier sold three months out -P 180 as being too far on the safe side. Sold a few jan ‘26 P250‘s already for $ 62.01 just before close.
I expect (maybe a small pull-back in the morning and will wait a bit for confirmation of) positive resolving, which would cause a significant short squeeze, which could cause a big gamma squeeze for we all know, this morning Maxpain for Friday was 227.5 (and will surely be higher tomorrow already), but the OPEX-size is very big to handle in one day. Volume today was maybe too small to resolve MM’s positions In my opinion. I will be careful first but greedy when crossing 245-247.
nothing is lost as this move will possibly be from 235 to 290 at least within three months, at least if tomorrow we get positively past today‘s ugly bounce.