Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I closed all my CCs for this week (around 20-25% profit, -C237.50s that were some rolls from weeks ago and -C242.50 I'd opened near the morning pop to 238) on the last dip before close... too many folks seem to all be saying it kinda looks like there'll be a big jump soon that I was ok taking the day-trade demerit and if they're all wrong can always reopen something tomorrow.
Count me among the wait and see camp. The 4h bearish divergence did get us a $9 bounce within hours. Seems like TSLA is correcting through time here, which is a good sign, but its self reinforcing. Its bullish because it looks bullish and people buy the dip which makes it bullish, until its not. We are still in a huge twilight zone. 300 just as likely as 170.

Last edited:
Count me among the wait and see camp. The 4h bearish divergence did get us a $9 bounce within hours. Seems like TSLA is correcting through time here, which is a good sign, but its self reinforcing. Its bullish because it looks bullish and people buy the dip which makes it bullish, until its not. We are still in a huge twilight zone. 300 just as likely as 170.
could not agree more, both 25% away and as long as there is no white smoke, stay careful especially with short options (-P and -C, for those who do not know what we mean by short options: the ones that have a (huge) impact on margin)

could not agree more, both 25% away and as long as there is no white smoke, stay careful especially with short options (-P and -C, for those who do not know what we mean by short options: the ones that have a (huge) impact on margin)
Let me fix that:
for those who do not know what we mean by short options:
don't trade options!

Looks like call and put OI tightened closer to the money, overlap 225 to 237.5, 230 tug of war. I have a +p195/-p220 left over after closing other side of IC... would like to see that go away. Also got out of the +c245/-c250 bull call spread yesterday at the pop, wasn't feeling it. May re-open at +255 or +260 or just sell calls on a run-up but can't be at the desk today, will have to jump in if the SP moves rapidly.

Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 8.46.11 AM.png

Well, that was some pre-market head fake 😆

I'm playing a gig this evening, so can't be watcvhing the ticker or trading until maybe 1 hour before close, but as it stands waiting for the Theta to draion out of my -240 straddles

Might close out the -c260's once they get down to 10c, only so I can rewrite for next week though - looking to go safe for the rest of the year with -c270's - these are safe ib the sense that i would be OK selling all the underlying cals and stock if I had to, but I doubt it would come to that... And -p220's, something like that - $1 premiums in fact, or there abouts

But let's get this week's sorted out first