Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
last time TSLA visited 161, SPY was at 520. Now after all the negativity and SPY 504, where are we supposed to be? I'm still short SPY heavily and added more today. You certainly can short TSLA but I don't see the R:R myself.

You raise a good point, thank you. Re your adding to SPY shorts, what lead you to add when it's already down this much already, are you targeting much lower?

You raise a good point, thank you. Re your adding to SPY shorts, what lead you to add when it's already down this much already, targeting much lower?
It broke through the supply zone that was supposed to produce a DCB. There's still a lot of juice left in the September -560C. I entered these at $7, now $3.8. Can ride them to $0.

There's no juice left in TSLA anywhere and the chart is not telling me much so I stay out.

Fear of global geo-political escalation, OIL rising (though not today, it would) and overall E not pulling us out of high P/E levels for the time being. Ain’t it grand?

With yields rising, and $DXY rising, it usually means investor’s big ones are selling their bonds (thus yields rising) and taking their MONEY HOME, capital repatriation. It’s a general negative global political move..

I still think one way or another 1-2M barrels of Iranian oil is at risk, either via sanctions or disruptions, which is not what the global economy needs right now

NFA
I think todays action might be the trend for the next couple days..assuming no big geo-political action overnight, morning rally, afternoon sell off and risk off. Probably a couple days at least assuming no kinetic activity in that time frame.

Wow, 14,000 workers laid off?… that’s a TON. More than I would have estimated.

Why? Tesla was over 140k employees end of 2023, so a 10% layoff (not much different than past years) would result in that many laid off simply because the workforce is larger than in past years.

I'm MUCH more concerned about the fact reporting is the 25k model legitimately is back burnered while they instead pivot to a giant datacenter to try and finally get FSD past L2, and the fact the head of powertrain and the dude who was the most public/responsive face of Tesla beyond Elon, both resigning on the same day.

BTC my +175C this morning and BTO +165P. Seem like a good move so far.

Market is reacting negatively to the layoff and Tivoboy hit the nail on the head. Now the Model 2 is on the back burner.
That's just TSLA. On top Macro economic and War.....

Not selling any TSLA this week or next so far. Just hanging onto some cheap Long Put option for now.

BOFA tomorrow and if they are gloom and doom like JP Market will continue to tank.

Going be a crazy week.

........Market just reacted to the Model 2 back burner story. Dump AH

Reactions: Max Plaid
Lowest close of the year 🥴

GEX profile:

1713211597566.png

As I said yesterday, I think it’s no likey till likey..

@KTD, I know 10% of X IS Y, but having worked for many years directly in Automotive, 14,000 just sounds like a LOT.

YTD, that’s pretty much the BIGGEST “tech” layoff by at least 50% and I think probably even back six months.

In raw #s yeah prob. the most.... in terms of % of total employees though there's been a number of ones at 10%, and some a fair bit higher.

Reactions: tivoboy
I'm MUCH more concerned about the fact reporting is the 25k model legitimately is back burnered while they instead pivot to a giant datacenter to try and finally get FSD past L2, and the fact the head of powertrain and the dude who was the most public/responsive face of Tesla beyond Elon, both resigning on the same day.

Could be they stood up for us against the Ketamine Lotto betting the company on a dream (or nightmare?) and resigned in protest. Dunno if we'll ever know.

Damn, now I feel like an eejit getting suckered into selling -p165's after the stock didn't crash post P&D, never mind, will sort them out, of course they're underwritten by July +p150's, but the whole idea was to let those print bigly on the dump, which never came, but might now

On the other hand, the -c165's are in very good shape, and given that the straddle took $21.3 in premium, it's actually profitable down to $144, just that I *hate* giving cash back

Damn, now I feel like an eejit getting suckered into selling -p165's after the stock didn't crash post P&D, never mind, will sort them out, of course they're underwritten by July +p150's, but the whole idea was to let those print bigly on the dump, which never came, but might now

On the other hand, the -c165's are in very good shape, and given that the straddle took $21.3 in premium, it's actually profitable down to $144, just that I *hate* giving cash back
I think we get our answer tomorrow on how big this dump going be.

Then if we get a really big dump this week what happen during ER, has all the negatively now been baked in?

Boggled the mind..... especially one with a tiny head and small brain.

Reactions: BornToFly