Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a paradox. @Yoona got pushed out from here by someone telling her to stop posting Twitter links and now we are posting Twitter links of her sharing her useful analysis on her trades. Hope she reaches thousands of followers some day!
To explain my disagree. @Yoona wasn't "pushed" out of here. She decided to stop participating in the thread shortly after @UltradoomY suggested it would be helpful if people (and also Yoona specifically) posted a short note with posted twitter links to explain what they thought was significant about the twitter post. There are a lot of cryptic links that get posted here without explanation (not just by Yoona) and I personally thought the suggestion was a helpful one. How Yoona decided to respond to that (among probably others things) was up to her. The fact she's now posting her observations and analysis on Twitter is imho good for the community overall and I wish her all the best.

Last Friday we closed around 196. Premarket 195 now.
If we close there, then we can consider this week flat, while some might feel this was a bad week due to the reaction after investor day.
Puts things into perspective I'd say...
Wasn't it 197 the week before that too... perfect for selling strangles!

What a paradox. @Yoona got pushed out from here by someone telling her to stop posting Twitter links and now we are posting Twitter links of her sharing her useful analysis on her trades. Hope she reaches thousands of followers some day!

I think @Chenkers summed it up in the next post - but I wanted to add - if you look at these twitter posts, they have a bunch of additional commentary added to the picture and charts for information to get an idea of reasoning.

Which is what I was hoping for from all of our posters... as an aside - I follow @Yoona on twitter as well and appreciate the insights shared and would love for her to cross post here again.

Lots of people have joined / left this board (not just this thread) and most of the time it isn't because of one post.

I also appreciate you! and am glad you further the discussion.

For something not OT - I wanted to add - with the Synthetics and Collars that I have been running the past few weeks (while very profitable) are cash back on the Put side but I still set a stop loss for both the calls and puts at around 12% to make sure I am preserving capital.

If the momentum flips fully bearish - I will switch my synthetics and collars from a sold Put and a Bought call to a bought put and sold call to capture the same premium just on the other side.

Good luck today - I am holding $190P's for today (sold yesterday afternoon) for $3.30 and next week synthetic - $190P STO / $190C BTO - roughly $6 each. Looking for a 50% + close on all

To explain my disagree. @Yoona wasn't "pushed" out of here. She decided to stop participating in the thread shortly after @UltradoomY suggested it would be helpful if people (and also Yoona specifically) posted a short note with posted twitter links to explain what they thought was significant about the twitter post. There are a lot of cryptic links that get posted here without explanation (not just by Yoona) and I personally thought the suggestion was a helpful one. How Yoona decided to respond to that (among probably others things) was up to her. The fact she's now posting her observations and analysis on Twitter is imho good for the community overall and I wish her all the best.

« Pushed out » or not, she felt bullied.

I am not here to judge what someone feels since we obviously do not have the same tolerance to comments, insults or perceived bullying.

Was she right to leave this board? As long as her knowledge benefits others, Twitter or here, I think it doesn’t make a difference overall but her participation here was greatly appreciated.

Hope she succeeds on Twitter!

Well from what she posted with the option gamma now turning negative it seems next week we are bound for a red week. I am still hesitating to roll back my CCs back in to bet on a down turn.

Well, tried something new today. STO 3/3 -c195 at open for $2.20.
You’re welcome.:):(:mad::eek: Stupid, I know, but still have ITM BPS that are a total loss, so daring the market up. It worked.

Edit: and, of course, when I finally decide to close the bps for a total loss, the SP jumps because somebody buys 1.1 M shares. I think that it’s time for me to drop out of this stuff. I can’t get a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
« Pushed out » or not, she felt bullied.

I am not here to judge what someone feels since we obviously do not have the same tolerance to comments, insults or perceived bullying.

Was she right to leave this board? As long as her knowledge benefits others, Twitter or here, I think it doesn’t make a difference overall but her participation here was greatly appreciated.

Hope she succeeds on Twitter!

Well from what she posted with the option gamma now turning negative it seems next week we are bound for a red week. I am still hesitating to roll back my CCs back in to bet on a down turn.
I believe that the comment asking her to provide color to the post was interpreted as abrupt.

If it had been directed at me it would not have bothered me. But I have been called every name in the book and don't usually qualify as sensitive.

I think @UltradoomY was simply typing something out in a hurry asking Yoona to give context to random twitter posts, and she took it badly. BUT I also believe she felt her time here was done regardless. She was given what she perceived as an easy way out.

I suggest we end the departure of Yoona talk since it is spiraling into speculation that can do more harm than good IMO.

I think I speak for most when saying we'd love to see Yoona posting here again, but it is what it is so let's leave it at that in order not to derail the thread further.

Regarding SP: for this week the 190-200 range seems to be where we'll close.

We like to think that the market “doesnt get it.” If the market really doesnt get it, how do you explain TSLA going up 12x in 3 years? Sometimes, it is us who dont get the market. The things that matter to the market in the long run often are not the same things that matter in the short run. Relying on one thing while trying to make money off the other can be dangerous.
The market doesn't get it. Wednesday night Tesla revealed an entirely new way of assembling a car, with massive reduction in factory space required and a 50% drop in costs (almost guaranteeing world domination and that F and GM go bankrupt). The market dropped Tesla 6% the next day, and F and GM were basically up 2%. Talk about clueless.

Closed out this week's -p190's and -c210's - could probably have left them to expire, but wanted them off my back to write new positions without risk of a big move later today putting either side ITM -> a very lucrative week

Looks to me like we're going to stay in this range until P&D, mid 190's is where Fridays are at, so couldn't resist going back in on 15x -195 straddles @$13.6 net

The market doesn't get it. Wednesday night Tesla revealed an entirely new way of assembling a car, with massive reduction in factory space required and a 50% drop in costs (almost guaranteeing world domination and that F and GM go bankrupt). The market dropped Tesla 6% the next day, and F and GM were basically up 2%. Talk about clueless.
To be fair, Ford did report way better results than expected, but yes, your point is valid. As I said in the other thread, that's why many of us TSLA investors are quite wealthy

Closed out this week's -p190's and -c210's - could probably have left them to expire, but wanted them off my back to write new positions without risk of a big move later today putting either side ITM -> a very lucrative week

Looks to me like we're going to stay in this range until P&D, mid 190's is where Fridays are at, so couldn't resist going back in on 15x -195 straddles @$13.6 net

I also got rid of the p185's and p190's 3/3 for cents and pennies to be able to open new positions. STO 10 x p190 3/17 for $6.47. Yep, two weeks out because I didn't like the premium for next week. Looking for an opportunity (a dip today or next week) to deploy the other funds.

Closed my 03/03 P $190's just a bit ago for $0.15 each - Netting $3.15 for an overnight hold!

Also closed the Synthetic - Puts $190 for 03/10 opened for $6.50 late yesterday - closed $3.50 this morning
$190 Calls opened for $6.25 closed just now for $11.
Total net between the This weeks puts and next weeks synthetic - $10.90 per contract for less than a day.

Will stay opening and closing positions like this very nimble, but don't mind holding overnight.

Have a great weekend all - I'm off to get ready for F1 opening season in Bahrain and a Chili cookoff.

Did the same.
BTC -P 190, 187.50, 185, and -C 210 and 212.50 for pennies. Was great to “be the house” for a change. @dl003 thanks for helping me find support and resistance spots, and everyone else here sharing and teaching. What a great group!

I STO for next Friday 3/10 -C 210 and 215 on shares I have at those prices.

I still have open for same expiration -P 175 and 170. Being careful about selling any NEW -Ps (thanks @dl003 for the heads up) until we get out of the congestion zone and confirm a direction. Leaning to selling more -CC (210-220 area for 1-2 weeks out) vs -P currently.

I STO today 30x -CC 353.33 9/15 for $4.50, on shares I have trapped around 350-360. I’m looking for a dip to the 170-160’s in the next 196 days to BTC for 90-100% gains.

Lastly, I STO 20x -CC 5/19 250 for $6.75 on shares I have trapped at 243. Expecting same dip in the next 77 days to BTC for pennies. For both I don’t mind if the shares get called away since it’s above my CB.

I also got rid of the p185's and p190's 3/3 for cents and pennies to be able to open new positions. STO 10 x p190 3/17 for $6.47. Yep, two weeks out because I didn't like the premium for next week. Looking for an opportunity (a dip today or next week) to deploy the other funds.

3/17 $190 is a bit close for comfort given the recent weakness and congestion for TSLA, and macro jitters. Are you seeing something else? (unless you want the shares)