Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Satin Pearl White with Verde Ithaca accents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love this car! Looking at the back makes me think that Tesla should offer an official "black pack" similar to what you have done there. Did you tint the light clusters too?

Thank you! Yes, I did a light tint on the tail lights. Since the lights themselves are a pretty deep shade of red I didn't want to completely black them out, it was just to get rid of the completely transparent look of the plastic covering the lights.

Do you have any more daytime shots of your car? I'm considering black trim wrap and slightly tinted headlights and fogs on my white P85+. I'd love to get an idea of what your car looks like outside in the light. Thanks.

Here's some daylight photos taken by Gabriel Milori for Vossen.

zPpzgW9.jpg

WxRPzhb.jpg

tV8C2dQ.jpg

dP6NZOF.jpg

AbSygsS.jpg

And the absolutely amazing artwork done by Alex Murtaza that will soon be hanging on my wall 60" x 40" mounted on aluminum and 1/2" thick plexiglass:

hxvHXZ0.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome!!! I have a P85+ coming and I had seen those shadow door lights in one of my email I get from suppliers in China.. but your car was the first one I've actually seen it installed and have it lit up! It's nice to see what it looks like in reality.. I have some custom ones made to change the logo slightly.

However I do have a question.. in your honest opinion and I'm sure a few of us are curious as well.. but what's the difference in ride quality with the larger wheel and lower profile tires and... what's the difference in acceleration (assuming your 22" tires are slightly larger overall than the 21" supplied from factory)? Wanted to know if it was noticeable even ever so slightly that it's slower to accelerate from the larger diameter and/or increase in rotational mass.

Cheers!
Larry

This is awesome!!! I have a P85+ coming and I had seen those shadow door lights in one of my email I get from suppliers in China.. but your car was the first one I've actually seen it installed and have it lit up! It's nice to see what it looks like in reality.. I have some custom ones made to change the logo slightly.

However I do have a question.. in your honest opinion and I'm sure a few of us are curious as well.. but what's the difference in ride quality with the larger wheel and lower profile tires and... what's the difference in acceleration (assuming your 22" tires are slightly larger overall than the 21" supplied from factory)? Wanted to know if it was noticeable even ever so slightly that it's slower to accelerate from the larger diameter and/or increase in rotational mass.

Cheers!
Larry

Thank you! :)

Honestly I don't see any decrease in acceleration with the new wheels since the overall wheel circumference is about the same (just less tire sidewall now). The car handles WORLDS better now though due to the much larger contact surface and lowered stance. Ride quality might be slightly less soft but it's negligible to me. The PZero Neros I have are a bit louder than the stock tires though. Wish the Super Sports were available in the size I needed.

Thank you! :)

Honestly I don't see any decrease in acceleration with the new wheels since the overall wheel circumference is about the same (just less tire sidewall now). The car handles WORLDS better now though due to the much larger contact surface and lowered stance. Ride quality might be slightly less soft but it's negligible to me. The PZero Neros I have are a bit louder than the stock tires though. Wish the Super Sports were available in the size I needed.

oh that's cool, not just looks better but handled better? Perfect! Do u remember off the top of ur head what the width of ur tires or rims are on your car?

Any range increase or decrease? I had one more question in my head in the meantime but I forgot lol...

thanks!
Larry

oh that's cool, not just looks better but handled better? Perfect! Do u remember off the top of ur head what the width of ur tires or rims are on your car?

Any range increase or decrease? I had one more question in my head in the meantime but I forgot lol...

thanks!
Larry

Yep, definitely handles much better.

Front: 22x9 255/30/22, rear 22x10.5 305/25/22.

No idea about the range, but I would probably suspect a slight decrease. I don't really keep track of my energy usage. :p

holy cow! 305's in the rear no rubbing issues?

No rubbing in the back, but there is slight rubbing in the front but only when doing a full lock turn at low speed. We are exploring spacers in either the front or both front/back in order to maximize fitment and try to minimize rubbing in the front.

Edit: I take that back. Just remembered there is very minimal rubbing in the back that I noticed once or twice when taking an off ramp bend at a high speed. No rubbing in the back under normal conditions though. :D

And the absolutely amazing artwork done by Alex Murtaza that will soon be hanging on my wall 60" x 40" mounted on aluminum and 1/2" thick plexiglass:

hxvHXZ0.jpg

Really beautiful composition and execution, in the car and photos.
The Verde Rocks!
As stunning as it is photos, I am sure real-life-time it is overwhelming.

Question:
The above photo/artwork with an early sunset has the moon, stars and cosmos over the trailing MB been added in?
If not, that is one heck of a photograph.

Last edited:
Really beautiful composition and execution, in the car and photos.
The Verde Rocks!
As stunning as it is photos, I am sure real-life-time it is overwhelming.

Question:
The above photo/artwork with an early sunset has the moon, stars and cosmos over the trailing MB been added in?
If not, that is one heck of a photograph.

The moon and such was added in post. Alex truly is incredibly gifted! You can view a before and after shot here on his facebook page. The detail is truly amazing and is unfortunately lost in a small photo online.

Here's the second shot I have mounted at 60" x 40":

iTIZgqx.jpg

Last edited:
Your car is DOPE!!! I love the attention to detail. Best looking P85 I've seen!

I ordered a pearl white as well (December ETA) and I've been contemplating what to do with the front bumper. wrap the chrome area to gloss black or leave it alone? when i saw a picture of a white MS and has the front bumper blacked out, i didn't really like it so i decided to leave it alone..... until i bumped into this thread. what you did in the front was awesome! the white area where the emblem is, looks like it's part of the frunk. was the white section painted or wrapped?

one other question. i'm not sure what this is, looks like the battery pack peeking out from the side of our car. i took a screenshot on my order and it looks like it's chromed out but i noticed on yours that it's black. did you paint that piece or wrapped it black? hard to describe so i attached the pictures below.

logan awesome car.jpg

the next awesome car.jpg

Wow, a really beautiful car. I have always favored an original to factory look for my cars, but am awed by how great the green accenting looks on your car.

Thanks a bunch! :)

Your car is DOPE!!! I love the attention to detail. Best looking P85 I've seen!

I ordered a pearl white as well (December ETA) and I've been contemplating what to do with the front bumper. wrap the chrome area to gloss black or leave it alone? when i saw a picture of a white MS and has the front bumper blacked out, i didn't really like it so i decided to leave it alone..... until i bumped into this thread. what you did in the front was awesome! the white area where the emblem is, looks like it's part of the frunk. was the white section painted or wrapped?

one other question. i'm not sure what this is, looks like the battery pack peeking out from the side of our car. i took a screenshot on my order and it looks like it's chromed out but i noticed on yours that it's black. did you paint that piece or wrapped it black? hard to describe so i attached the pictures below.

View attachment 61577

View attachment 61578

Thanks! Both the front grille and the side trim were wrapped. Sorry for the delayed reply.