Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego Area Superchargers (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was out riding a bike this past weekend and I noticed some transformers being installed that looked an awful lot like the supercharger locations I've been to--even down to the paint job (haven't noticed the Tesla logo, though). It's in a little-trafficked parking lot at the Bay Boulevard Park in Chula Vista. The next time I'm on a bike around there, I'll have to take pictures and put it here.

I was out riding a bike this past weekend and I noticed some transformers being installed that looked an awful lot like the supercharger locations I've been to--even down to the paint job (haven't noticed the Tesla logo, though). It's in a little-trafficked parking lot at the Bay Boulevard Park in Chula Vista. The next time I'm on a bike around there, I'll have to take pictures and put it here.

The utility transformers are green and are the same for all installations (although the sizing varies). Perhaps you're referring to gray switchgear cabinets that are 90" tall? At any rate, I'm pretty involved on all the public charging projects going on around town and I don't know of any charging equipment going in at the Bay Boulevard Park. I think it's actually more difficult to do an installation at a municipal-owned location from a permission point of view than on private property...

That location would make no sense, unless Tesla thinks there is going to be a lot of Model S traffic between San Diego and Mexico.

I'm guessing somewhere along I-15 north of downtown or I-8 east of downtown.

The CV parking was simply conjecture based on how the transformers looked like and how the parking lot appears open for so much Teslas--also, quick freeway access.

That being said, I'd hope that it's out near the Joe's Crab Shack area around the convention center. Though, honestly, it would suck around ComicCon.

Tesla jobs site has listings for service people for a Tesla Mission Valley Service Center -- as opposed to the Trade Place service center. I didn't know there was anything in Mission Valley. Sounds like there is going to be one there soon? I wonder if that's where they're going to put the Supercharger?

Of course, the same job listings mention North County Location TBD. So is it Mission Valley or North County, who knows.