Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was typing merrily along, having put in a good deal of effort and time on my software rooting article here, when KABLAM! The below.

Wow. Summary execution without trial. I had to change my IP to get back in, which plays all kinds of havoc with my websites, email, VPNs, etc.

Can someone PM me a place that's friendly to the more technically-minded folks?

Pg68j5y.jpg
Extreme Unlike.

I not only gave your posts appreciative ratings... I commented ont he value as well.

If you get a suggestion for a new home would you mind PM'ing me where that might be??

• Helpful
Reactions: lunitiks
So I was typing merrily along, having put in a good deal of effort and time on my software rooting article here, when KABLAM! The below.

Wow. Summary execution without trial. I had to change my IP to get back in, which plays all kinds of havoc with my websites, email, VPNs, etc.

Pg68j5y.jpg
It says right there that you, or someone using the same IP, did something that triggered the automated security solution.
I'm 100% certain it does NOT have to do with the content of any posting you've made.
Report it to a moderator that can take it up with the siteadmin to get you unblocked by providing the Cloudflare Ray ID referenced.

Pg68j5y.jpg

Just so you know, likely you just had some "Trigger words" in your posts that causes automatic ban. It's enough to have those words in your composed saved message to trigger this, delete what you have typed in the message window and it goes away.

for example if you type in the file hosts in the etc directory as a full path name, that seems to trigger it 100% of the time (or did in the past), I'll try it in a moment.

Sure, if I'm allowed.

I was describing the nature of the shadow file, and in that are hashes and other gibberish, when this came up instantly. It is just necessary for me to describe the shadow file in detail so that ppl don't fsck it up.
ah, I bet when you type in /_etc_/_shadow (but without underscores) that's what happens. I just confirmed it.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and lunitiks
Yes friend, but I hadn't typed in those things. I described 'the shadow file is in 3/etc/.'

The ban happened the instant I pasted in the structure of the shadow file, which includes hash gibberish. Shocking and infuriating at a time when I was in deep concentration.

Yes it's Cloudflare, and it probably reacted to what it stupidly and clumsily thought was an injection attack.

But I am not going to tiptoe around and do backflips to labor over this here. So far Slack is interesting, although it would be one long thread which quickly can accumulate to tens of thousands of posts -- impossible to keep up with or categorize like a forum. Although, they don't fear or object to our content. Also suggested is diyelectriccar. Maybe we could get them to make a Tesla section, if they don't use Cloudflare.

This has wreaked freakin' havoc with my infrastructure and has cost me alot of valuable time. I can't do with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: petersv