Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No.

No.

No.

This is your problem, version 8 is way too old, and the way it connects to Tesla is no longer supported. The only way to update is to connect directly to the car and push the update onto it.

View attachment 1039746

Version 8 software doesn't have service mode...
Thank you @MP3Mike for the prompt response. I wasn't expecting - well appreciated.

As getting an answers from you I see the most suitable way to get my car continue on software updates and obtain an access to the Tesla APP would be to schedule the appointment to Tesla service and ask them to update my car software and replace 3G with 4G. I assume - once they going to update the software they need to renew the Certificates to get this done - so this would solve my issue.

Reactions: Krash
Thank you @MP3Mike for the prompt response. I wasn't expecting - well appreciated.

As getting an answers from you I see the most suitable way to get my car continue on software updates and obtain an access to the Tesla APP would be to schedule the appointment to Tesla service and ask them to update my car software and replace 3G with 4G. I assume - once they going to update the software they need to renew the Certificates to get this done - so this would solve my issue.
Please let me know how this goes for you.

Reactions: cleverscreenam
What @MP3Mike said, but adding, even if the car had newer software the SSL certificates needed for the car to connect to Tesla's back-end are long-since expired, so even if someone locally connects to the car and pushed an update it still wont connect. (Only some people have the skills to do that in any event.) The other thing you could wait until the eMMC fails (it will very soon), then take the car to Tesla, and they will replace the eMMC, and when doing that, they should be able to update the car and get it new certificates. Another option is paying Tesla for the MCU2 upgrade, which will include an LTE modem.
The failed emmc is a good option, You can speed this up by heating the emmc with a heat gun. The same way as if you were going to remove the emmc, the heat will definaetly speed up the process