Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S90D when to finally let go and sell it .. before warranty runs out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am seem very attached to my old S, something that has not happened with any car before.

At one stage I changed cars 3 times in 2 months, yet 6.5 years on from taking delivery of our X I still marvel at what Tesla managed to build!

Ours is part of the family now, it's going no where, it's pretty much the same age as our daughter and just as temperamental:D.

At one stage I changed cars 3 times in 2 months, yet 6.5 years on from taking delivery of our X I still marvel at what Tesla managed to build!

Ours is part of the family now, it's going no where, it's pretty much the same age as our daughter and just as temperamental:D.

Aha brilliant. Yep I used to change cars a lot too. Got our S two weeks before we picked up our puppy (who is now 6.5 years old). So not quite as cool as your daughter story but similar lol.

Which X have you got?

Which X have you got?

Almost the lowest spec one you can get 75D, original order was for a 60D without air suspension:).

Just worked out in 80 months of ownership total deprecation costs have been £510/month, not bad given PCP/lease prices for the X use to be £1000/month after a hefty deposit. But £500/month deprecation on a car is still mad in my mind. Another reason to keep it till it falls apart!!

The cheapest car we owned was a prereg £13.5k Honda Civic which did 80k in 5 years, with 95% of the fuel claimed back as business miles which we sold for £5k, so £140/month deprecation whilst doing 1300 miles a month....If the X can get close to even double that amount I would happy. Very unlikely to happen though:(.

If the X can get close to even double that amount I would happy

More work needed on your Man Maths I reckon ...

There must be a hefty amount of opportunity-cost that you have benefitted from. Fuel saving (which you haven't mentioned, other than 95% of the fuel for the Honda was "free" :) ) You've done 80K miles (80 months), I reckon that's £100 a month saved.

I expect there are journeys you made that would not have been done with a lesser vehicle (or you would have had to hire a bigger vehicle, or use a roof box + additional fuel (cost) and so on.

I reckon that £500 a month is probably actually a negative figure and you are making money 🤩 not to mention when it, shortly, becomes a Robotaxi and earns you a fortune 🤡

• Funny
Reactions: gangzoom