Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 61 60.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almighty..... I was motivated and did the manual fixed tilt screen project today. I will create a how-to PDF file and upload here later tonight after I sort and annotate all of the files. After watching the Munro Live Youtube video (search for 'Tesla's S3XY Hidden Screen Adjustability') it gave me enough to get going. Here is a pic of the final result. I love it, the tilt angle is perfect for me and my wife NEVER looks at the screen so it works perfectly for my needs and application and costs nothing. I realize it is not for everyone but if a fixed tilt is your desire, standby for the upload with pics.

Attachments

• Final position.JPG
    Final position.JPG
    343.3 KB · Views: 1,010
  • tilted out from distance.JPG
    tilted out from distance.JPG
    381.2 KB · Views: 233
Here is the DIY guide. There are definitely improvements that could be done here to make it operator adjustable. Mounting two 12v DC geared motors to the provided locations and wired to a centre-off left/right toggle mounted to the access panel above the charging tray is definitely a mid complex option that Casey shows on his YouTube demo and then even further would integrate it into the vehicle systems. That is beyond my desire to work on but the mid complex option is interesting. Estimate about 2 hours to do the job but now that I know what I know I could do it in an hour.

Attachments

• Screen Tilt Manual HOW TO GUIDE.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Wow! Thank you! This is a real gift to the community.

For those of us with old eyes, it would help if you included full size pictures in the PDF instead of thumbnails. The thumbnails do not show sufficient resolution to make out some of the details, even when I blow them up to the max in the PDF reader. Or maybe publish the full size photos separately?

Thanks again!

Reactions: John in LB
Wow! Thank you! This is a real gift to the community.

For those of us with old eyes, it would help if you included full size pictures in the PDF instead of thumbnails. The thumbnails do not show sufficient resolution to make out some of the details, even when I blow them up to the max in the PDF reader. Or maybe publish the full size photos separately?

Thanks again!
Will do. i will post a big photo version later this evening

• Love
Reactions: tbaud
@SUPRKAR and I did the same thing today. Removed the screen and mechanism and set it tilted toward the driver. Locked into that setting.
3868EC79-9396-4794-B747-47AEE899EA66.jpeg

Attachments

• 8D6660CE-53BC-4E22-A446-893C78D0E2E8.jpeg
    8D6660CE-53BC-4E22-A446-893C78D0E2E8.jpeg
    519.2 KB · Views: 245
  • A02C7352-82F4-45CA-8F53-C1F38D8266E0.jpeg
    A02C7352-82F4-45CA-8F53-C1F38D8266E0.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 4963A708-5C4F-4565-AE4B-225A707737EF.jpeg
    4963A708-5C4F-4565-AE4B-225A707737EF.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 212
  • BE62F10B-B4DF-4752-BF36-73F5A5AE0FE8.jpeg
    BE62F10B-B4DF-4752-BF36-73F5A5AE0FE8.jpeg
    447.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Thanks very much! This is a big help.

It appears that you rotated the screen towards you as far as it will go, right? Have you had a chance to drive much with it yet? Do you like that amount of yaw?
No, not as far as it would go. I didn't run it all the way down, only to where I dry fitted the tilt to be but I am guessing it is at 75% of full extension. I attached an annotated file showing where I think it would be when fully extended. I made two trips of 20 miles each with the extension and I could not be happier. The passenger can still see the screen to select door locks etc but it looks far more custom and very easy to reach the right side especially when in motion.

Attachments

• Full Extension Annotation.jpg
    Full Extension Annotation.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: tbaud
No, not as far as it would go. I didn't run it all the way down, only to where I dry fitted the tilt to be but I am guessing it is at 75% of full extension. I attached an annotated file showing where I think it would be when fully extended. I made two trips of 20 miles each with the extension and I could not be happier. The passenger can still see the screen to select door locks etc but it looks far more custom and very easy to reach the right side especially when in motion.
I got the T45 TORX bit today. Now we'll find out if I have the courage and ability to do it.

Reactions: Bull