Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robert Llewellyn's Fully Charged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I commented in the you tube stream, my Smart ED uses the same amount of "wall plug electricity" to drive the same distance as this Riversimple hydrogen car if that hydrogen was generated using electricity.

Of course, we all know the majority of hydrogen today is provided via the fossil fuels industry, so, no, not interested.

I'd be willing to bet Riversimple is a bunch of engineers, not a bunch of liberal arts grads. Perhaps the UK needs more liberal arts students. ;-)

The point is with only a few people interested in science and engineering in the UK, the probability of good ideas coming through is smaller. Engineering isn't in the top 10 subjects studied at university.

These guys need to study about the downsides of Hydrogen.

I just checked and the highest any engineering degree gets in the US is #26 (Mechanical Engineering), Electrical Engineering is #31. The only hard science in the top 10 is Biology at #8, and I suspect most of those are pre-med or something else in the medical field. The top degree in 2013-2014 was Business with 314K degrees. The US only turned out 32K Mechanical Engineers that year.

There is way too much focus on how to run a business and far too little on the nitty gritty of what a business does IMO.

A List of the 200 Most Popular Degrees Awarded in The United States.

• Informative
Reactions: 1208
Interesting about the business model the Riversimple car is pursuing. Basically a lease, where the company has everything included (including the H2 fuel) in the rental price. Found it interesting that the driver/developer states that the batteries are still owned by the battery pack manufacturer. Essentially subletting the constituents of the car.

Don't leave us hanging, what was it? Maybe someone else will tell him.
He said something about not one Carbon Capture and Storage facility has ever been built on a coal power plant. That's not true. There was one built, paid for by the Government of Saskatchewan.

It cost us C$1.5 billion, and rising (approximately 808 million Pounds). It doesn't work.

It doesn't sequester the carbon it's supposed to, and emissions at the plant have actually gone up.

What it does is take the carbon, and turn it into the slurry. That slurry is then contracted to be sold to an oil company to inject into marginal oil wells to increase the pressure so they can pump more oil out of them. However, since the CCS facility isn't sequestering the carbon it's supposed to, we're not delivering the product, so we're paying contractual penalties to the oil company. So it's costing us, the taxpayers, more and more every day.

In SK the power company is a Crown Corporation, owned by the government, so what it does everybody in the province pays for.

It's a complete boondoggle, all because our current government wanted a talking point to point to say they were green, while at the same time cutting environmental programs.

The fallout from SaskPower’s Boundary Dam CCS debacle

A Carbon-Capture Debacle in Saskatchewan Raises Questions About a Technology That Isn’t Living Up to the Hype

Technology to Make Clean Energy From Coal Is Stumbling in Practice

He's defiantly a fan-boy now.

Wouldn't be surprised if he wears all the Tesla apparel in the next video.

In the video after that he has Tesla tattoos.

After that he has cosmetic surgery to look like Elon musk.

After that he becomes the first bionic car/human hybrid and to become a Tesla car himself.

After that he appears in the next Transformers movie.