Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster battery pack specs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Discharge and charge you can adjust in software in pec, bsm and bmb. I think the problem is in dimensions. Take a look:

Model S cell - 18,30mm x 65,00mm - positive 17,93mm
Roadster Sanyo cell - 18,01mm x 64,30mm - positive 18,04mm
Lg I have to buy one to check

I will study discharging curves from cells.

It would be interesting if you could find a way to ream out the cells.
On another note I went to visit my car last night and spoke to the roadster tech. We talked about batteries and on a 3.0 swap he did not change the board (yes he’s allowed inside the PEM and has changed the pins for the fan, he even made a pigtail for one to be able to divert the damage to a replaceable part) and he said other then washing 40% of the available energy it works for the short period as in as much as it charged and drive as if it had the old pack in. Which suggests if you can get similar or slightly better cells (smart car) then the car would not notice, you may not get 100% of a 2400 cell but you would have a potential replacement that if found in large quantities would be more financially viable.
I’ll print out the spec sheets and run through the comparison of 53kw and smart car. On my phone that kind of document is painful.

• Informative
Reactions: BBone