Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Competition is good. Each company can see what their competitors are doing better, and learn from them.
Right now, Rivian loses about $40,000 on each vehicle they sell. Not a lot of companies lining up to buy companies like that.
They have a nice market niche, with well appointed off road capable EV. Kind like Jeep for the electric world.
People like them, right now, because they are priced well below thier cost.
Tesla is working hard to make profitable vehicles.

Reactions: LoudMusic
I'm not much a fan of companies merging. It inevitably kills options and creativity.

Rivian's ideology is very different from Tesla's. Their product design is as well. I see them more as a competitor to Jeep's off-road adventure mentality, where Tesla is a competitor to Toyota, Chevy, etc., midsized family cars.

It's also good for the US to have multiple new manufacturers. It makes us as a nation more interesting on the world stage.

I love Rivian. I had an R1S for a while and it was awesome. I just don’t think they can survive as an independent company. They don’t have the scale they need. I would rather Tesla buy them than a Chinese company. Also, I want an R2 with Tesla’s software!

I’m cheering for Rivian, but times are different now. There is much more competition, interest rates are higher, and Rivian’s CEO doesn’t have the ability to create a reality distortion field that gets employees and investors willing to buy in to a somewhat crazy and nearly impossible vision.

I’m cheering for Rivian, but times are different now. There is much more competition, interest rates are higher, and Rivian’s CEO doesn’t have the ability to create a reality distortion field that gets employees and investors willing to buy in to a somewhat crazy and nearly impossible vision.

I dunno, he might be Clark Kent ...

1713410190087.png