Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revision F Battery Pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confused. Picked up my 85D April 20th, 2015 and checked on the pack version and this is what I have. Has anyone seen this Rev B pack in a 2015 85D?
Yes, my 85D delivered April 29th and built the week prior has the same Part # and "B" rev level:

Attachments

• 85D battery rev B.jpeg
    85D battery rev B.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 608
If we end up seeing both of these part numbers 1031043 and 105519 used in 85 kWh Dual Motor vehicles then this might be a sign that Tesla has started using cells from a new supplier. They did say they wanted to validate cells from a supplier other than Panasonic this year. If Panasonic can't produce enough cells to keep up with Tesla's demand and without the Gigafactory online, this is going to be critical for them to hit their production numbers this year.

If we end up seeing both of these part numbers 1031043 and 105519 used in 85 kWh Dual Motor vehicles then this might be a sign that Tesla has started using cells from a new supplier. They did say they wanted to validate cells from a supplier other than Panasonic this year. If Panasonic can't produce enough cells to keep up with Tesla's demand and without the Gigafactory online, this is going to be critical for them to hit their production numbers this year.

So far it appears that 105519 is used in 85D and 1031043 is used in P85D applications. I looked back through a few pages and didn't find one that didn't match that pattern, but I could be wrong. "BB" in the description seems to be used for performance motors... "bad boy" ? :)

Edit: breser's doesn't match that pattern. Hmmm. Maybe he got a bonus pack designed for P85D operation because they didn't have the 85D pack that day? Who knows. Guess we'll keep looking for a pattern.

For those who haven't published their information in the battery table thread, please consider it:
Battery table - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Your battery sticker is available for viewing by turning the wheels to the extreme left and looking just behind the right front wheel, it will be visible on the battery pack that is installed.

Last edited:
So far it appears that 105519 is used in 85D and 1031043 is used in P85D applications. I looked back through a few pages and didn't find one that didn't match that pattern, but I could be wrong. "BB" in the description seems to be used for performance motors... "bad boy" ? :)

Edit: breser's doesn't match that pattern. Hmmm. Maybe he got a bonus pack designed for P85D operation because they didn't have the 85D pack that day? Who knows. Guess we'll keep looking for a pattern.

I suppose that's possible. I did have a very early 85D. I'm inclined to think there is some other difference.

My guess is that Tesla will kill battery swap after the beta, citing "lack of demand". That's just a guess.

I don't buy for a minute that they're going to deploy battery swap on a wide basis. However, they have a financial incentive to deploy it in California because of the CARB rules. If refueling rate gets dropped from the rules then battery swap will get dropped again. Previously they only had to demonstrate it, but the rules changed and now they have to have it being used (even if for a very small number of cars) to get credit for it.

Different part numbers have different revisions. The current 70A pack is rev A, for example.

All of the previous discussion about "A" packs vs. "B" (e.g., 90 kW Supercharging) and other letters are only applicable to the 85 single motor pack. Rev letters apply to specific part number bases (e.g., 1014114). You can't compare rev of an 85D pack to rev of 70D pack or 85 pack or 60 pack.

Here are the part numbers we've seen for 85 kWh packs so far. "Max rev" is based on what I have seen in pictures here, but I may have missed one.

• P/N 1014114 is described as "ASY,HV BATTERY,S3,MDLS" and is a new 85 kWh pack, max rev F
  • P/N 1025273 is described as "ASY,HV BATTERY,S3BB,REMAN" and is a remanufactured 85 kWh pack, max rev D
  • P/N 1031043 is described as "ASY,HV BATTERY,S3BB,DUAL MTR,MDLS" and is a new 85 kWh pack for dual-motor operation, max rev E
  • P/N 1055519 is described as "ASY,HV BATTERY,S3,DUAL MTR,MDLS" and is a new 85 kWh pack for dual-motor operation, max rev B

Care to venture a guess as to what "BB" means?

Reviving this thread in my attempt to get a full list of battery pack part numbers.
In addition to the above, we seem to now have (from this thread):

P/N 1063792-00-A

Description still TBD as I haven't yet seen a full photo of the sticker (the ones in the linked thread cut off just above the "90kWh, 400VDC" line). I've requested the 90D/P90D owners to post a complete photo of their pack's sticker.

Hmm. I had somehow missed the inclusion of "S3BB" in the decription of some of the newer packs.

"S3" refers to the modules/bricks used in the 85 pack. The ones I have are all branded "S3" on the side.

Curious as to what S3BB is myself...