Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revision F Battery Pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that it doesn't have another connector on the front, but beefier internal wiring to handle the higher power draw.

If it did have another connector it would likely use the same "Rapid Mate" (Tesla's part description) type connection that requires nothing special to disconnect besides lowering the pack.

Edit: I will try to verify the lack of presence of a second connector on Monday...

Last edited:
I don't know exactly how you do in the USA but here in Europe any engineer knows that you don't change the rev just for the fun of it. It cost money to make changes and you need to have a good reason to do that.
Is this the wrong thread to ask if anyone know if there is any rumers of any new pack with more kWh or that weight less?

I don't know exactly how you do in the USA but here in Europe any engineer knows that you don't change the rev just for the fun of it. It cost money to make changes and you need to have a good reason to do that.
Is this the wrong thread to ask if anyone know if there is any rumers of any new pack with more kWh or that weight less?

Outside of Tesla, nobody knows what changed from B->C->D->E.

Truth is, we don't even really know if a Rev F really exists. It could have been a scratched off E on the label that the OP saw for all we know.

What we do know is that Tesla has been having problems with contactors failing, and likely Tesla has been trying to resolve that problem with these changes.

Outside of Tesla, nobody knows what changed from B->C->D->E.

Truth is, we don't even really know if a Rev F really exists. It could have been a scratched off E on the label that the OP saw for all we know.

What we do know is that Tesla has been having problems with contactors failing, and likely Tesla has been trying to resolve that problem with these changes.
I am fairly certain it was a F. It was written in thick, black magic marker lines in the middle of a 8x10 sheet of paper.

We do know something things. Contactors inside A and B packs are much louder than they are in D and E packs. I noticed this in one of the loaners I got from service.

I know the BMS boards on the modules are different from B->D. The B packs have the wires from the cell sets soldered directly to the boards on the modules. The D pack has a plug in connector that contains the wires that plugs into the boards. Same for the two temperature sensors on each module.

We do know something things. Contactors inside A and B packs are much louder than they are in D and E packs. I noticed this in one of the loaners I got from service.

Don't know about "loud" contactors. I haven't noticed. But they redid my switches (electrical?) on my A pack and the balloon squeal went away. Now, it's awesomely quiet, as designed. I don't seem to have loud contactors.

I notice the loud contactors when opening and closing the door with sleep mode enabled. This compares to much quieter contactors on an upper 40K VIN S60 I had a couple months ago.

Still have my original Sig hardware. Lost the ballon squeal a while ago without any hardware change. It just disappeared randomly one day. Interestingly I was told by service just a few weeks ago that my MS was built with rapid mate connectors. Nothing was mentioned in regards to the "switches" that everyone seems to be having upgraded.

Bit tangent, but any speculation on how battery swap plays into the various pack revs? During the invitational beta phase its probably feasible to get a like-rev loaner pack, but if the E packs truly are a PD thing, what happens if Swap dunks a B in there? Or will the loaner packs all be the highest rev at the time? Even assuming packs are backward and forward compatible, there's presumably some measurable performance difference in range or charging or peak output...so going up might be okay, but down would be an actual step down. Or if not, that suggests the pack revisions are exclusively just long term improvements aimed at increasing reliability or longevity.

In the same boat as Marchyman, S85 with an E pack. I do not see anything that says Dual MTR here is a pic of the sticker

teslabatteryetype_zps6fa30478.jpg