Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reus Audio Upgrade Completed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeff Coles (he goes by the name kickgas over at the Tesla motors forum (Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles) under the Washington, DC section) is attempting to arrange a group buy for the Reus Audio system they have developed for the Tesla model S. I have spoken to the company and obtained the following information about their audio upgrade for the car.

Below are brief descriptions of the 4 systems that are currently available for the car, along with a 5th system (referred to by Reus as the audiophile version) that is under development and which they hope to have available in a couple of months.

Reus has indicated to me that each of their systems are blueprinted from the ground up with every aspect of the Model S taken into consideration from its acoustics as well as vehicle integration, with no permanent or visible changes being made to the car. A dedicated system has also been designed for vehicles that are fitted with the third row seats. Reus asserts that all of the active system parts are compatible with the vehicle’s software and electronics.

Thanks Steve for your very helpful post -- it answers in one place for the record a lot of questions people have had about the Reus options.

I'm now at the System 4 level and can vouch for the extraordinary sound it creates. Yesterday I added AIF files of old Chicago CDs and a few other classic albums from the 70s. The Chicago tracks have a sonic quality that I've never experienced before. The recordings (likely remastered) are excellent and the Reus system makes them shine. Ditto for any other recordings (classical, jazz, rock) in my collection. It's like hearing them at a whole new level.

The jump to System 4 made a huge difference, and it was free. Given that it involves speaker replacements in the front doors, I assume upgrading to System 5 won't be free for me, but if it makes the improvements the jump to System 4 made it will be worth every penny.