Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Frustrated Mad and Angry at Service right now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@outie rockville service center. Lets see what they tell me tomorrow. To be honest, I should have waited and given them a chance to fix this situation before venting here. But I'm just mad as hell that I have to deal with this nonsense.

I HOPE they rectify this properly. This is completely unacceptable.

Now whether they fix it or not, this is the last time I am dealing with that service center. There is another one close to me (McLean) and I think I'll be going there here on. Yes I'm a slow learner.

I haven't had any issues at Tysons other than having to make an appointment about a month out

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I know there are 10 pages of posts in this, so easily missed. Short version: They did accept responsibility for the damage. The OP is satisfied with their response.

Here's a short but more comprehensive version that doesn't gloss over the uncomfortable parts.

They did not accept responsibility by notifying the owner when they returned the damaged car.
They did swap out the inspection paperwork. To hide from taking responsibility? Because the dog ate the original paperwork?
They were called out in a public forum and after being embarrassed enough, corporate had to intervene.
They belatedly accepted responsibility for the damage.
Usual folks give high fives and thumbs up for the amazingly great and proactive Tesla Service!

That's what I got out of the 10 pages at least. Your perspective may vary.

They did not accept responsibility by notifying the owner when they returned the damaged car.
---> Did you consider that they didn't realize there was damage?

They did swap out the inspection paperwork. To hide from taking responsibility? Because the dog ate the original paperwork?
---> Again, did you consider that this may have been an act of carelessness rather than malicious malintent?

They were called out in a public forum and after being embarrassed enough, corporate had to intervene.
---> Actually no! The service center was responsive to this issue all the time. Corp's attention came later, and on top of it.

---> I'm at the center of this, and I'm telling you the facts. There is no "belatedly". They took responsibility when it was their turn to take responsibility. They said "They'll get back to me in 24 hours", and they did.

Usual folks give high fives and thumbs up for the amazingly great and proactive Tesla Service!
---> Or the usual folks are constant negative nancies, who moan and groan, no matter what Tesla does.

So I have a simple request, Keep Tesla honest. Critique them where they deserve it.
But critique them as a honor student who has scope of improvement because there is so much potential there.
Where they do show improvement, shower them with praise! Like here!!!

Now this particular episode, they screwed up, they took responsibility, they fixed everything to the owner's satisfaction (ME!), and they did so speedy fast (within 24 hours).

Meanwhile, the usual negative nancies seem so disappointed that I am not more mad than I am.

WHY?

---> Again, did you consider that this may have been an act of carelessness rather than malicious malintent?

---> Actually no! The service center was responsive to this issue all the time. Corp's attention came later, and on top of it.

---> I'm at the center of this, and I'm telling you the facts. There is no "belatedly". They took responsibility when it was their turn to take responsibility. They said "They'll get back to me in 24 hours", and they did.

---> Or the usual folks are constant negative nancies, who moan and groan, no matter what Tesla does.

So I have a simple request, Keep Tesla honest. Critique them where they deserve it.
But critique them as a honor student who has scope of improvement because there is so much potential there.

Now this particular episode, they screwed up, they took responsibility, they fixed everything to the owner's satisfaction (ME!), and they did so speedy fast (within 24 hours).

Meanwhile, the usual negative nancies seem so disappointed that I am not more mad than I am.

WHY?

Forgive but do not forget.

Sorry, but you're the one who built this bonfire. Why are you surprised that other people want to throw a log on it to keep it going?

Maybe you should have given them 24 hours to begin with, instead of going on a rant on this forum before they even had a chance to make it right.

Sorry, but you're the one who built this bonfire. Why are you surprised that other people want to throw a log on it to keep it going?

Maybe you should have given them 24 hours to begin with, instead of going on a rant on this forum before they even had a chance to make it right.

So true. Riot in progress best not get in the way or you might get run over.

• Funny
Reactions: CSFTN

WHY?

Just going by what you posted Sir.

"When I delivered the car, they examined the car thoroughly, noted blemishes - heck they MISSED ONE that I pointed out.
When I was picking the car up, they REPLACED that sheet with "car is too dirty to perform inspection".
They presented me with a clipboard saying "sign here" - but I insisted on checking all the papers and discovered this switch. Naturally I was not happy, so I decided to examine the car, and this is what I find.

Then they tell me that "There is nothing they can do, and I am waiting for the service center manager to get back to me".

If they were really responsive, perhaps you wouldn't have felt the need to post your 'frustrated, mad and angry' thread.

It was you who put "REPLACED" the paperwork in CAPS.

Just my opinion since you started the thread.

Reactions: vdiv
@MS16 - sure, but - THEY HAVE FIXED the issues. Isn't that what matters?
What else do you want? Should Elon come over and give me a backrub?

I'm sure the Elon poster is good enough, no backrub required.

The problem is that your incident is not that out of the ordinary. My SC has damaged my car twice so far. I didn't have to post any angry threads or summon Corporate, I dealt with it at the local level. (Fortunately I took photos of the inspection paperwork each time.) But still, why all the amateur mistakes on Tesla's part? Why do we have to waste our time and energy as a result of their carelessness?

Why is "Tesla Service Always Breaking Something" even a thing we have to worry about when we take our vehicles in?

Tesla Service Always Breaking Something

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and vdiv
I picked up my car this morning.

Long story short,
- They removed the scratch.
- They replaced the windshield.

But in addition, they went ahead and detailed the car. It looks pretty much brand new now.
The level of attention to detail is absolutely remarkable. I also got to talk to the guy who did the detail, and got a lot of tips.

Also, I didn't ask for it, but they said that they'd even pay for the tint as a credit towards a future appointment.

At this point, I am very happy with how Tesla has handled the whole matter.

I would request the mods at their discretion to lock this thread, and change the title to "Service issue resolved".

Have a wonderful week everyone!

cc: @JonMc

It's quite remarkable to me how determined some people are to be offended. Let's just observe that the OP knows what is important to him and got what he wanted calmly and quickly. I'm impressed. Well done! I'm certain that in the future they'll go the extra mile to keep you happy.

It's quite remarkable to me how determined some people are to be offended. > FALSE!