Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Defective cowling Tesla says not fixable - new 2015 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if you would have just left the topic as it was, though? IMO at the very least it becomes a little questionable if thread topic's become editorialized by someone other than the thread starter, that is tantamount to putting words in their mouth.

The conversation is there for all to follow, the resolution can be presented at the end of conversation as in any thread. Why the particular need to keep editing thread titles critical of Tesla? It surely doesn't happen as much on other types of threads (other than threads with unofficial information demeed potentially harmful of Tesla, where question marks and rumour/theory labels appear by moderators - another such example).

This will be my last reply to you on this but the first edit still had the word 'defective' in it. That means broken and something that is not good. The 'not fixable' was proven to be factually incorrect (it was fixed if you read the thread) so it was changed to reflect that. The reason why some titles are changed has been explained multiple times so read those replies please.

AnxietyRanger said:
What if you would have just left the topic as it was, though? IMO at the very least it becomes a little questionable if thread topic's become editorialized by someone other than the thread starter, that is tantamount to putting words in their mouth.

The conversation is there for all to follow, the resolution can be presented at the end of conversation as in any thread. Why the particular need to keep editing thread titles critical of Tesla? It surely doesn't happen as much on other types of threads (other than threads with unofficial information demeed potentially harmful of Tesla, where question marks and rumour/theory labels appear by moderators - another such example).
This will be my last reply to you on this but the first edit still had the word 'defective' in it. That means broken and something that is not good. The 'not fixable' was proven to be factually incorrect (it was fixed if you read the thread) so it was changed to reflect that. The reason why some titles are changed has been explained multiple times so read those replies please.

You are obviously perfectly OK to ignore my feedback, as I assume you - in effect - already do. There are several people on TMC who have noted critical threads receive more moderation attention in editorializing the topics. I am not the only one. I think it would do well for TMC and Tesla if that were not the case. Also, I'm not sure moving all these messages to a dead thread did anyone any favors. I guess the idea was to bury the conversation here, which is probably accomplished. Ironically, the move happened right after public feedback to do so. :)

My point remains: The original thread was not incorrect. Tesla did say defective cowling was not fixable, Tesla was in the wrong - and hence the discussion. Just because later on in the thread the status changed, does not make it incorrect at the time of the thread start, nor any less of a point that the chain of events was not all honky dory. Editorializing the topic changes the thread premise for future readers to an extent that can misrepresent the OP. The topic, at all times, remained about defective cowling that Tesla said was not fixable. Of course it eventually came to a resolution on the parts side, but not on the comms side, which as I understand remains unresolved.

So, I think title edits could be done with a lot more caution, lest they look like Tesla defense.