Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Reputation points?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for your support, Auzie.
We're having a blast, you correctly picked up on that.

All in all it's a text book example of inflation. In a couple of weeks the amount of rep points flying around grew from 'hardly any' to 'hundreds' per day.

I had some more ponderings on this inflation point. My experience does not confirm the inflation of the rep points utility.

It could be said that this utility never inflates, no matter how much is there to give and to receive it is always such a pleasure.:smile:

The reputation points name is a bit old-fashioned, it is almost 18th-century term. Also, the term does not adequately reflect the main utility.

We need 21st century term, that better reflects the utility.

The correct translation should be: we want more .... just like the Americans (not more than the Americans)....:smile:
We found out that we missed out on something while posting on all kinds of technical postings, roadtrips etc.:biggrin:
So... This is initially of course to reward for all those good postings and other activities in the past, and now has become a reward in itself for having a lot of fun!

It also makes me think of this episode of Southpark:

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Make_Love,_Not_Warcraft

So... we're just collecting points to eventually be able to play the Game :biggrin:

By the way, we tend to call the "green flags...." Green Cans (sometimes cans of Mountain Dew, sometimes, but they have no taste at all, it's referred to as cans of Heineken....):cool:
And to make up for the ones feeling left out... I'll do my round over here tonight as well and hand out some "Cheer You Up Points":wink:

Last edited:
It's PONY TIME for me too (just got my 11th and final green bar!)... and just in time for Christmas! Thanks Santa. (I must have been a good boy this year.) :)

The administrators found that there were too many ponies being distributed, so they moved them to the 2,000 point tier about a year ago. Sorry. :)

The administrators found that there were too many ponies being distributed, so they moved them to the 2,000 point tier about a year ago. Sorry. :)

Damn. Just like autopilot, I miss out again!

crying.jpg

Ok I'm feeling the holiday spirit after climbing down chimneys all night. PM me your address Dirk and I'll send your kids ponies for new years - though they may be "my little" rather than flesh and blood. There should be something to compensate for six months of drizzle. :smile: (I went to college in Portland so always a soft spot for portlanders, though I'm sure a lot has changed since the 70's.)

Okay, now it's my turn to see red. Or have flashing green lights. Or sumfin'.

I finally got the coveted "5 dk green + 6 light green"....and I still have a Brilliant Future.

So what's Bonnie, wk, Flasher and Nigel got that makes their Reputations Beyond Repute that the rest of us (Brian, S-19910, dsm363, Dirk, Jpet, Andy, Paulus, Frank, AnalysiZ, Johan, Gelden, Lolachamp, Outsider, Canuck, Doug-G and me) are lacking?

It's not fair, it's a conspiracy, and this will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand.

I finally got the coveted "5 dk green + 6 light green"....and I still have a Brilliant Future.

So what's Bonnie, wk, Flasher and Nigel got that makes their Reputations Beyond Repute that the rest of us (Brian, S-19910, dsm363, Dirk, Jpet, Andy, Paulus, Frank, AnalysiZ, Johan, Gelden, Lolachamp, Outsider, Canuck, Doug-G and me) are lacking?

It's not fair, it's a conspiracy, and this will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand.

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't realize there are coveted levels of rep ;)

The admins are messing with you since they know you REALLY want beyond repute, all they're giving you is is a Brilliant Future. Once you stop wanting it, maybe they'll give it to you ;)

...the dude abides...:wink: