Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen,

Thanks again for all of your work on this. A couple of suggestions:

1) Support for iOS URL scheme so that we can "call" your app passing commands to turn AC on/off and such.

2) Create a "trip computer" function, displaying distance, time, KWh for current trip. This could be part of a "dashboard" to be used while driving.

3) Display time since last time app was able to connect to car, similar to what the native iOS app does: "Last Updated Now" or "Last Updaed XX seconds / minutes / hours / days ago"

Again, thanks much!

Great work Allen. It's amazing to have developed such a good and complicated app in such a short period of time, and the quick response to customers' requests is second to none.

As a medical doctor, I understand you have a long path to complete recovery and I wish you all the best.

Allen,

Thanks again for all of your work on this. A couple of suggestions:

1) Support for iOS URL scheme so that we can "call" your app passing commands to turn AC on/off and such.

2) Create a "trip computer" function, displaying distance, time, KWh for current trip. This could be part of a "dashboard" to be used while driving.

3) Display time since last time app was able to connect to car, similar to what the native iOS app does: "Last Updated Now" or "Last Updaed XX seconds / minutes / hours / days ago"

Again, thanks much!

1) Already ahead of you. remotes:// is the URL scheme for opening Remote S 2.0. Will give more info about this later.
2) Already ahead of you on this, too. A trip computer was added to Remote S 2.0. Scroll back a few pages on the thread and you'll see screenshots of it.
3) Sort of taken care of in version 2.0. Version 2.0 now autosaves pin information, meaning that the last pin will be the last known location of your car. Each pin also has a timestamp on it. While this isn't exactly the same as "Last updated xxx minutes ago", it does fill your request in a way. I can add the last updated xxx minutes ago thing in the app in version 3.0.

I noticed that the app won't let me set my temp to "LO." Is this an API limitation?

Funny thing is, I'm in AZ and even though it's 130+ degrees in the car, if I set the temp as low as possible (65) the fan speed is 7, however when I get in the car and set the temp to "LO" I get the max fan speed of 11. It would be nice if I could get that max fan speed from the app.

I noticed that the app won't let me set my temp to "LO." Is this an API limitation?

Funny thing is, I'm in AZ and even though it's 130+ degrees in the car, if I set the temp as low as possible (65) the fan speed is 7, however when I get in the car and set the temp to "LO" I get the max fan speed of 11. It would be nice if I could get that max fan speed from the app.

The lowest temperature (aka LO) is 63. You can get to it by tapping the Remote S icon on top and then pressing the 63 degree preset. This issue was fixed in version 2.0, which allows you to set it to LO without having to use the Remote S button.

Ok thanks. So this means I need to use the iPhone app (not the watch) to set temp to LO, correct?

For the next few days, yes. When version 2.0 comes out, this isn't an issue anymore. There's even a Max Cool button in the Watch app in version 2.0 that will set the temps to LO and turn on the HVAC. And then there's a Reset button that sets the temp back to room temperature and turns off the HVAC.

1) Already ahead of you. remotes:// is the URL scheme for opening Remote S 2.0. Will give more info about this later.
2) Already ahead of you on this, too. A trip computer was added to Remote S 2.0. Scroll back a few pages on the thread and you'll see screenshots of it.
3) Sort of taken care of in version 2.0. Version 2.0 now autosaves pin information, meaning that the last pin will be the last known location of your car. Each pin also has a timestamp on it. While this isn't exactly the same as "Last updated xxx minutes ago", it does fill your request in a way. I can add the last updated xxx minutes ago thing in the app in version 3.0.

Allen,

I do think you get my point, but just making sure, I will expand a bit on item # 3 above. I like your approach (show old data) better than the Tesla app's (show the spinning wheel) when the app cannot immediately connect to the car. My point is that I would like to visually and immediately know if the data is current or old and how old.

Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

Allen

Another suggestion -- offer support for IFTTT (If This Than That, https://ifttt.com/)

Thanks again and good luck with the surgery!

Allen,

I do think you get my point, but just making sure, I will expand a bit on item # 3 above. I like your approach (show old data) better than the Tesla app's (show the spinning wheel) when the app cannot immediately connect to the car. My point is that I would like to visually and immediately know if the data is current or old and how old.

Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

Allen

Another suggestion -- offer support for IFTTT (If This Than That, Put the internet to work for you. - IFTTT)

Thanks again and good luck with the surgery!

I understand. I will make the change in version 3.0. Version 2.0 was already submitted on the 23rd.

IFTTT requires access to the Tesla API. I am not at liberty to give API access to Tesla's servers and with the way they throttle API calls, IFTTT will most likely not work for it.

Does this email and bad review belong to anyone on here? My emails don't seem to be getting through to this person.

image.jpg

Emails me at 9:59 PM June 24th.

image.jpg

I reply back 33 minutes later at 10:32 PM same day.

image.jpg

He leaves a bad review a few hours later. I know it's him because he wrote the same thing again to me this morning, which I also replied back as soon as I woke up from sleep.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Allen, no idea who it is. Might be helpful to ask him if the OE App works for him and sometimes we check to see if people are 'legite' around here and over at the TM forum by asking for their VIN. If the VIN does not fit into his claim of 2015 model S then we get suspicious.
Sometimes you just get a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.