Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen, no idea who it is. Might be helpful to ask him if the OE App works for him and sometimes we check to see if people are 'legite' around here and over at the TM forum by asking for their VIN. If the VIN does not fit into his claim of 2015 model S then we get suspicious.
Sometimes you just get a troll.

The problem is that he claims in his bad review that I never replied back to him, even though I replied to him 33 minutes after he sent his email at 10:30 PM. I don't know any company that replies back that quickly in the middle of the night. So my guess is that my emails aren't reaching him for some reason. And I highly doubt it, because we're both using gmail. Though, him leaving a bad review only a few hours later saying that I never replied back is pretty "troll-ish" of him. If it is a member on here, I hope that member gets the message: Reset your My Tesla password. The reason why you can't log in is because your password was entered wrong too many times, and you need to reset it to use the account again.

When do you expect it will be available on the App Store?

thanks.

Next week. Average review time is 7-10 days after it's submitted.

Just a gentle reminder: When 2.0 is out, remember to rate the app and write up reviews again as the previous stars and reviews are linked with older versions

Thanks Phil. That will help the app out tremendously. I'll be in the hospital bed the entire next week when it comes out, and will probably not be able to reply back to you guys. But do know that I read/appreciate every single review that the app gets.

Thanks Phil. That will help the app out tremendously. I'll be in the hospital bed the entire next week when it comes out, and will probably not be able to reply back to you guys. But do know that I read/appreciate every single review that the app gets.

I did this a bit in my last review, but in light of the fact that Allen is going to be laid up when version 2.0 comes out, it would be great if many of us could do the following when we review version 2.0. What I'm suggesting would be helpful is to read the recent negative reviews, and if they are for ridiculous things, as they are likely to be, actually counter those points either directly or indirectly in the reviews we are writing. So if there's a negative review stating that Remote-S can't control the hatch, and then a few positive reviews from us that point out that the inability to control the hatch is a Tesla limitation, the damage being done from the negative comment should be mitigated quite a bit. If someone posts that the developer isn't getting back to them, we could simply say something along the lines of, "Developer has always responded to me very quickly."

If your intention is to write up a good review and to counter someone's negative points, and you see that three people have already done that, consider waiting a day or two, and coming back to submit your review when there might be some fresh negative review that could use rebutting, (but only if you're sure you won't forget to come back. If there's any chance you'll forget, just post your positive review.)

Let's give Allen the kind of support he deserves while he's recovering from his surgery.

kWh per 100 miles then, if your car settings are set to display miles. Do they advertise MPG in the UK.

Yes: miles per gallon where it's the imperial gallon so much larger than the US one.

- - - Updated - - -

They could theoretically adjust the driver profile depending on whether you double-pressed the key or held down the key. Just a thought if any Tesla engineers are reading this thread.
You assume only 2 drivers. The car accepts up to ten profiles. Starts to get messy whereas an API option allows presetting any profile which is why I'd hope they see their way to offering that one day.

Yes: miles per gallon where it's the imperial gallon so much larger than the US one.

- - - Updated - - -

You assume only 2 drivers. The car accepts up to ten profiles. Starts to get messy whereas an API option allows presetting any profile which is why I'd hope they see their way to offering that one day.

In regards to MPG: Okay, I'd have to fix that in the code in version 3.0.

Yea, an API would be nice. It would open up my app to do many more things after I added background scheduling and geofencing.

Personalized watchbands for the Apple Watch

Allen, hi! Just wanted to thank you for all the great work you have done and are doing, and I wish you a speedy recovery! Is there an address where we might be able to send Get Well cards? I'd love to do that. :)

Because of your app, I just bought the Apple Watch. I haven't even yet figured out how to really use it, but your app is the first and only one I've added so far.

I'd like to share with others here the really fun thing about my having purchased the Sport edition. I don't care for the band that came with it, but in Googling for third party replacement bands -- apparently a big thing right now -- I found a company that allows you to upload any photo or photos you'd like to see in the design. They make it easy, whether it's using favorite pics from Facebook or Instagram or just uploading from your computer. I posted a Painted Hills photo taken by my Dear Hubby to the "Model S Nature Pictures" thread here on the forum, and I love it so much that I used it for the watch band design.

Because many Model S owners have or will have the Apple watch, I thought this might be fun to share. Maybe we can start a separate thread somewhere showing others' personalized designs? Is the Tesla logo off limits, due to copyright? Would be fun to do some kind of design incorporating the "T" into a photo of our car! :)

Apple_Watch_band.jpg
Apple_Watch_band_2.jpg
Alien_Landscape_1024.jpg

An update on that bad review. So the user finally replied back to me and I got his app working again. He removed his bad review promptly and now the app is back to 5-star average rating. So it turns out that he wasn't a troll after all. He just didn't notice my email. He didn't expect a reply so quickly, so he thought that my email was just some automated response and didn't bother reading it.

Allen, hi! Just wanted to thank you for all the great work you have done and are doing, and I wish you a speedy recovery! Is there an address where we might be able to send Get Well cards? I'd love to do that. :)
Is the Tesla logo off limits, due to copyright? Would be fun to do some kind of design incorporating the "T" into a photo of our car! :)

Thanks. I don't have an address that I want to give out publicly for personal safety reasons. But thanks for that consideration.

Others will probably tell you that Tesla defends their trademark/copyright pretty strictly. I'm done talking about that matter.

Allen - first of all, speedy recovery from your surgery. I purchased your app and it was one of the reasons for my impulse buy of an AppleWatch. As someone who travels a lot, I like the ability to set the temp to cool down as I have landed at ATL and the car comfortable by the time I am in it. I am looking forward to the update - however even at 38,000 feet (where I write this post), I am still connecting to my MS and make sure my battery is up to my settings and can vent the car from time to time. This is a great tool and your responsiveness has been tremendous. Look forward to what else you dream up as more and more is enumerated via the API.

All the best.

Allen - first of all, speedy recovery from your surgery. I purchased your app and it was one of the reasons for my impulse buy of an AppleWatch. As someone who travels a lot, I like the ability to set the temp to cool down as I have landed at ATL and the car comfortable by the time I am in it. I am looking forward to the update - however even at 38,000 feet (where I write this post), I am still connecting to my MS and make sure my battery is up to my settings and can vent the car from time to time. This is a great tool and your responsiveness has been tremendous. Look forward to what else you dream up as more and more is enumerated via the API.

All the best.

Thanks. You were not the first person to mention that Remote S was one of if not the main reason for buying an Apple Watch.

I have a lot more ideas on features to improve my app. Some of which I'm not ready to reveal yet, but I'm excited for.

Thanks. You were not the first person to mention that Remote S was one of if not the main reason for buying an Apple Watch.

I have a lot more ideas on features to improve my app. Some of which I'm not ready to reveal yet, but I'm excited for.

Count me as one of those people. Watch arrives on Monday. Eagerly awaiting 2.0 and future features. Thank you for building such a great app and good luck with the surgery and recovery.

Good luck on your surgery Allen, truly wish you a speedy and successful recovery. Remember to generously hydrate days before surgery. Watch out for the outpatient Oxycontin (or analog), during my residency I've seen many patient have problems with this drug, as numerous media outlets have reported over the years.

Good luck on your surgery Allen, truly wish you a speedy and successful recovery. Remember to generously hydrate days before surgery. Watch out for the outpatient Oxycontin (or analog), during my residency I've seen many patient have problems with this drug, as numerous media outlets have reported over the years.

In VA, about to head into NC. What kind of problems should I watch out for? Just addiction?

Trip stats look fantastic.

The trip stats do look fantastic! I may have missed this if it is already going to be in 2.0 or 3.0. If so, I apologize. If not, I'd like put in a request for a 3.0 feature, but only for long after your recovery period is underway. That request would be that you make the trip stats easily "forwardable" via text message or email, etc.--preferably with the ability to add additional notes.

Also, since I'm already writing with your surgery looming, I'm just wondering why on the trip stats you chose to display energy usage in kWh/100 miles, instead of the way Tesla displays it, which is wh/mi. I realize to convert from your units to the Tesla units we just need to leave out the decimal point, which is easy enough, but your other figures also show stats on a per mile basis, so I was just wondering if you had a reason to have this one stat be different, and also be in a format different from the one we are used to seeing it in. If you didn't, I'd respectfully suggest switching to the units we are all used to seeing displayed in our cars, which is wh/mi.

Thanks!

And I add my voice to all those wishing you luck with the operation, and a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.