Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a nice prominent spot on my watch. However. Nothing works. Ohhh yeah. Do not have my 70D yet! :wink:

Really look forward to trying this App out. Thank you for your work on it. I think you already reached your guesstimate of purchases. Will be curious to see how many you end up with!

IMG_5316.PNG

Awesome job!!!

I installed it on my (Future Model X driver) wife's iPhone 6 and Apple Watch (I'm Windows Phone guy).

Some minor feedback:

Phone:

Rename 'Unlock Car' to 'Unlock'.
I'm currently unplugged but it says 'Charge On'.
Charge limit is tough to get to amount desired. Maybe loosen the sensitivity.
Update graphic to show if charge port is open.

Watch:

On sunroof page, remove the word 'Roof'. Less is more.
On map page upper left, say 'Map' or 'GPS', not 'S'.

Again, really well done. Thank you!

Suggestions:

In map mode, show a marker for where the phone/watch is (in addition to where the car is)

In breadcrumbs mode it would be cool if the trail of crumbs changed color gradually as the car kept going (i.e. for example the most recent marker is red, the next is slightly darker, the early markers are dark red or blue - kind of like a temperature gradient that cools off the further away from the marker you've driven).

I'm getting Miles fine in San Diego.

My watch is not here yet, so I can only play with the phone part. So far so good.

I like having there odometer reading and estimate miles displayed. I wonder why Tesla left those off the Official app?

One thing I noticed is the map is not showing the cars location with I start up. It just shows the whole US in the background of the main page. It does not zoom into the car location until I go to the map page, though once it zoomed into a small island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. :)

Are there any plans to allow turning off features that don't work on some cars (close port on older cars, sunroof controls on cars with no sunroof, etc) or an option to display only whole miles on the odometer?

Just purchase the app! It is great but I dont seem to be able to find a camper mode and also not sure how to adjust the temperature for driver and passenger separately!! Also anyone knows when the closing charge port automatically was included in cars? My was in production in feb 15, delivered in March 2015 with tech, so I was hoping my car had that capability but does not appear so!! Any thoughts?

As promised in the other thread, I just bought the app. Looks great so far. A few suggestions:
1. It's not entirely clear how to geolocate your car. The way I found it is to press on the "hamburger (upper left 3 parallel line) button" and toggle the panels until I saw the mini tracking panel. The hamburger menu in most apps gives a pop out menu for things like preferences, other views, etc. would you consider moving things like the link to the car selection/sign out function, in app browser, preferences (eg units, notification selections, future features) to a pop out menu?

Right now, screen space is used for functions we don't need very often: the car icon in the upper right could be replaced by a target icon for geolocation, and the big Remote S text in the title could perhaps toggle the panels like the current hamburger icon does. Then, the hamburger can be used for a menu.

2. How does camping mode work?
3. Any plans for scheduling functions for HVAC etc?
4. What notifications, if any, does the app do? I'd love to have the charge interruption, charge status change, alarm, and update notifications that the Tesla app offers.
5. Agree with other suggestions about close port being invalid for non motorized charge ports. Does this unlock the charge port?
6. Looking forward to the large blue car icon to reflect the actual door(s), trunk, frunk, sunroof status.
7. It would be nice to have an icon indicating the car is indeed locked. The unlock car function in the lower left could be repurposed to an icon reflecting the actual lock status, then it becomes a graphical toggle. It might then move to the lower right panel where other graphical control icons are.

Thanks for a great app! Even as a 1.0, it's very impressive.

I agree with SteveW on all his points, especially the "hamburger" (E-like symbol) not behaving like a drop-down menu as you'd expect.

One additional very minor nitpick: the charge port graphic depicts a US charge port. EU and Asian cars have the Mennekes Type 2 inlet, depicted below. If the API gives you info on whether it's a US or EU/Asian car it would be nice to have the graphic change.

I also agree it would be good if the pano roof controls simply did not appear for cars without the panoramic roof.

01294fc5a08448d502edb232358fecf9.jpg

The app looks great. The vehicle seems to respond much quicker than with Tesla's app too.

One other request...

I love the ability to set the driver and passenger temps in the watch app, having the same ability in the iPhone app would be great too.

Also, does Tesla's API allow you to access the fan speed? That'd be a nice addition too, the 'auto' from the car does a pretty good job, but I'd love to override that if I wanted.

Awesome job again!

Status
Not open for further replies.