Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model S - Door opener issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, did anyone experience issues with the electronic door opener (inside the car) on the refreshed model s? it is barely responding whenever I try to use it - takes up to 5-6 times preading to respond. Is this covered by warranty? If not does anyone know how much I can expect?

Picture for reference

Attachments

• 4F87B5F9-33F8-4D55-B1CE-E323E65822D9.jpeg
    4F87B5F9-33F8-4D55-B1CE-E323E65822D9.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 290
Nope, no aftermarket installation and only tinted windows. In The SC chat they say it’s wear and tear so not covered. Even though those are capacitive button that does not wear out…

It's really like having no warranty at all!

There's just no way that shouldn't be a warranty item. No way. It's ridiculous.

If they are allowed to get away with calling that a wear item, what can't they call a wear item?? A drive unit failure? That's obviously a wear item!

Last edited:
Hi, did anyone experience issues with the electronic door opener (inside the car) on the refreshed model s? it is barely responding whenever I try to use it - takes up to 5-6 times preading to respond. Is this covered by warranty? If not does anyone know how much I can expect?

Picture for reference
Yes. It happened less than a month after we took delivery of new S. And this was after we had cracked windshield replaced. Now door handle sticks. Sometimes won’t open, sometimes won’t close. A/C also stopped working and garage door opener doesn’t close when leaving (open/close setting both on). Lemon?