Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about the old order with new delivery in 2 week like me, there are not available online? Some one mentioned that is for new order only?
i pickup my X tomorrow...will check to see if it has charger. My understanding is old orders still get it. I actually need it as I am in a rental right now and i use a 14-50. My Y will not be driven frequently..more as a backup car so i'm going to use a 110 to just trickle charge/keep it at 80%.

My old house I had the original 80a charger and never used the mobile one

Reactions: studioloft and lsds
We all to to take what SA's say with a grain of salt, but for those interested, I had one tell me that domestic production has not begun for this quarter yet, and that it does not start until the second month of each quarter. He says that is why there is always a delivery wave in the last 4-6 weeks of each quarter.

Seems to make sense for this particular quarter, with Canada orders getting VIN's, but not sure if it happens every quarter like he suggested.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm really starting to hate Tesla. This company is constantly nickel and diming (more like hundreds and thousands) it's customers to death with the price increases and sneaky removal of features that were available when you ordered. Constantly making decisions that are in their own best interest. Not to mention all of the gremlins that come out continuously with the vehicles. My MS Plaid has been driven 800 miles and has been to the service center 6 times. Going back again next week to have the windshield replaced due to wavy glass. After a few months of ownership, knowing what I know now and have experienced, I would not buy this car or any other Tesla again. Every other software update seems to result in new error codes being thrown. But hey, I understand if you want to keep waiting and growing more and more frustrated for your order to be delivered. FYI, The frustration doesn't end once you take delivery... just saying. Due to my real world experience, I'm canceling my X Plaid order btw. Sorry to vent but enough is enough.

I'm really starting to hate Tesla. This company is constantly nickel and diming (more like hundreds and thousands) it's customers to death with the price increases and sneaky removal of features that were available when you ordered. Constantly making decisions that are in their own best interest. Not to mention all of the gremlins that come out continuously with the vehicles. My MS Plaid has been driven 800 miles and has been to the service center 6 times. Going back again next week to have the windshield replaced due to wavy glass. After a few months of ownership, knowing what I know now and have experienced, I would not buy this car or any other Tesla again. Every other software update seems to result in new error codes being thrown. But hey, I understand if you want to keep waiting and growing more and more frustrated for your order to be delivered. FYI, The frustration doesn't end once you take delivery... just saying. Due to my real world experience, I'm canceling my X Plaid order btw. Sorry to vent but enough is enough.
I’ve had my MXLR for 750 miles and I’m on the fence — just dropped off at the SC for Fwd alignment (for second time) today… I agree with everything you said though I really love the car and remain hopeful that these issues can be addressed. That said, I root against Tesla everyday due to their extreme arrogance and utter disregard for the customer experience. I want my car to work properly but deeply hope Tesla fails over the long term…

It would be helpful for perspective if order date and type (Plaid vs Long Range)were included when sharing projected delivery dates. Thanks.
(My March “22 Plaid shows October 22 for the replacement date of my Founder’s “16 P90L.)
For the record, after the initial teething problems were corrected by mid “16, the new problems requiring SC intervention were rare. The initial problems were numerous and anticipated due to its being a new model. Pleased with driveability and service response since new. If it wasn’t for the added range and new “autonomous” driving upgrades, I would be keeping her and not trading her in.

Last edited:
It would be helpful for perspective if order date and type (Plaid vs Long Range)were included when sharing projected delivery dates. Thanks.
(My March “22 Plaid shows October 22 for the replacement date of my Founder’s “16 P90L.)
For the record, after the initial teething problems were corrected by mid “16, the new problems requiring SC intervention were rare. The initial problems were numerous and anticipated due to its being a new model. Pleased with driveability and service response since new. If it wasn’t for the added range and new “autonomous” driving upgrades, I would be keeping her and not trading her in.
It's true. I want to add more to see what are the factors to get VIN assigned.
Order date, configuration, FSD or not, payment methods

HI all,

I stumbled across this forum when I was searching online for any information why I had not heard from Tesla in 8+ months since my order. Your posts have been very educational to me as a first-time Tesla buyer. Thank you all for your great insight and information. Until now, I have had nothing of value to contribute, so I have stayed a quiet observer. But that changed the other day. I received a date range a few days ago (April 28-May 19).

My order info is as follows (I don't want to mess up the spreadsheet, so if someone who is good with that can enter this, I would appreciate it):

Original order date - 5/1/21
EDD started at October-Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb-March-July to 4/28-5/19 (
Model X LR
Northern VA/Washington DC area
Black/Black
20" wheels
7 Seater (yes, you read that right, that is why I thought I had something valuable to contribute finally)
Full FSD
Cash sale
No trade in (although I may ask once I get a VIN and an appointment)

No VIN yet, and the date range has stayed steady since I got it 4-5 days ago.

Hope all that helps.
Good for you, though I ordered 02/2021 and still stuck at generic 07/2022

• Informative
Reactions: jbrowdy
I rarely hear that there is no Tesla dealer markup and how amazingly awesome that is .

And Unfortunately there are more than a few of you that have issues like yours. And it is expected that you stick around and vent. And vent again. And still yet, the happy campers with almost no problems have ridden into the sunset, never to be heard from agayyyn.

I hate as a shareholder that you are having so many of these issues. I’ll constantly be a reminder to Tesla, it’s influencers to keep an eye on these things, since it appears they are not very keen on addressing these issues, before volume, from a consumer perspective. But people will read these posts and think your experience is the norm. But from what I’ve been gathering, that is not entirely the case at all.

We all to to take what SA's say with a grain of salt, but for those interested, I had one tell me that domestic production has not begun for this quarter yet, and that it does not start until the second month of each quarter. He says that is why there is always a delivery wave in the last 4-6 weeks of each quarter.

Seems to make sense for this particular quarter, with Canada orders getting VIN's, but not sure if it happens every quarter like he suggested.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.
That's a contradiction from the info I have. Canadian delivery rhis coming Friday. Build date was April 8th, 2022. Red with white 5 seater

Reactions: Tz00 and MX LR MSM