Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if customer service with Tesla continue the same, the other big companies will take over, I was so close to buy me a Tycan just because of the experience with them, the quality of service and how welcome they made you feel, I was invited to an event for Porsche owners the only think that you can't compare is the battery range and the efficient TESLA engineering, if not I would jump into the Tycan, I also got an invitation to see the Lucid next month I will report my experience.
So true! As the competition increases and the EV market becomes more mature with good alternatives to Tesla, they will be in deep trouble! Customer service or the lack of it will make a difference. Tesla is in a unique position now, but there's trouble on the horizon, unless they get their act together. IMO...

So true! As the competition increases and the EV market becomes more mature with good alternatives to Tesla, they will be in deep trouble! Customer service or the lack of it will make a difference. Tesla is in a unique position now, but there's trouble on the horizon, unless they get their act together. IMO...
I’ve been reading that claim since 2012. Almost as long as I’ve been waiting for our new X.

On another note, did not notice any major issues with my vehicle upon delivery. Can tell it was straight from the factory as still has some small shavings and manufacturing bits in the nooks and crannies.
Its heartening to me to see you ordering your Plaid in December and receiving it a month later end of January. Selfishly I think there is hope for my Plaid order I just placed recently. Or did I read that wrong?

If y'all don't support Elon. Cancel your orders and sell your Teslas. I'll buy it
Hey donkey, I don’t support Elon, I don’t support the CEOs of Ford, GM, for Toyota either.

I don’t own stock, I am a customer.

You know that 5 billion in profits they have, some of that is my money. I own a Tesla solar array 8.19 kWh 2 power walls and I have a Model X white exterior, black interior, 5 seat configuration with 20 inch wheels and no FST order. I ordered it in 2020, in January 2021 it was converted to a Refresh order for an additional $8000.

From Tesla Energy, to now with the model X refresh order my customer experience has sucked. IMHO Tesla management is the worst. Tesla may engineer amazing products but those responsible to getting them into the marketplace are a bunch of idiots. Customer service is a joke. After you make the most amazing electric motors and power trains, develop mind blowing software and a massive charging infrastructure your focus has to be on the people using the products. Tesla needs to get to the point where the idea of allowing a vehicle with bad paint, panel gaps, missing equipment, or an overall bad construction to be delivered to a service center is 100% unacceptable. The fact that a service center misses these issues and hands a car over to a customer is again 100% unacceptable. I’m not making this stuff up. This form is filled with real customers having real problems and being treated really really poorly by Tesla. And if you find that too upsetting, if you find honesty and customers trying to help customers since they don’t get help from Tesla too unnerving, then you’re in the wrong place buddy. This isn’t Twitter where stakeholders are fighting FUD or Elon‘s acolytes are wanting to punish anyone not bowing to his greatness and hoping for a response or like to their comment. Many of the members of this forum have had pre-orders from 2020 are watching model X Long Range & Plaid order is being delivered ahead of their orders what in January 2021 we were promised build and priority delivery if we agreed to immediately convert our orders to refresh for additional $8000.There are other orders, at the new higher price, made in spring through summer and fall and they two are waiting to have their orders built and delivered. But you can order tomorrow a Tesla long range or plaid six seat configuration and have it delivered in weeks. And that’s not fair.

Hey donkey, I don’t support Elon, I don’t support the CEOs of Ford, GM, for Toyota either.

I don’t own stock, I am a customer.

You know that 5 billion in profits they have, some of that is my money. I own a Tesla solar array 8.19 kWh 2 power walls and I have a Model X white exterior, black interior, 5 seat configuration with 20 inch wheels and no FST order. I ordered it in 2020, in January 2021 it was converted to a Refresh order for an additional $8000.

From Tesla Energy, to now with the model X refresh order my customer experience has sucked. IMHO Tesla management is the worst. Tesla may engineer amazing products but those responsible to getting them into the marketplace are a bunch of idiots. Customer service is a joke. After you make the most amazing electric motors and power trains, develop mind blowing software and a massive charging infrastructure your focus has to be on the people using the products. Tesla needs to get to the point where the idea of allowing a vehicle with bad paint, panel gaps, missing equipment, or an overall bad construction to be delivered to a service center is 100% unacceptable. The fact that a service center misses these issues and hands a car over to a customer is again 100% unacceptable. I’m not making this stuff up. This form is filled with real customers having real problems and being treated really really poorly by Tesla. And if you find that too upsetting, if you find honesty and customers trying to help customers since they don’t get help from Tesla too unnerving, then you’re in the wrong place buddy. This isn’t Twitter where stakeholders are fighting FUD or Elon‘s acolytes are wanting to punish anyone not bowing to his greatness and hoping for a response or like to their comment. Many of the members of this forum have had pre-orders from 2020 are watching model X Long Range & Plaid order is being delivered ahead of their orders what in January 2021 we were promised build and priority delivery if we agreed to immediately convert our orders to refresh for additional $8000.There are other orders, at the new higher price, made in spring through summer and fall and they two are waiting to have their orders built and delivered. But you can order tomorrow a Tesla long range or plaid six seat configuration and have it delivered in weeks. And that’s not fair.
Hey DONKEY 2,

Why aren't you canceling your reservation instead of complaining so much and still buy their product like... well... like a donkey

....And we European... just wait... and wait...
as positive thinking, hope they got production quality and tooling lined so less issues when they arrive.
as positive things maybe
-matrix led
-i may get 6 seater instead of 5, dont know if it´s good or not, 4 seater could be ideal to me or even 2
-4680 instead of 16850? that could affect performance and range positively
-round steering wheel option

closer to 3 month waiting... time goes slow

Ps. i still hope stro and those early orders ger fullified first, it`s just matter of fair play

I am really starting to believe the theory of Tesla wanting us early reservation holders to cancel and re-order to maximize profits if we truly want to receive a vehicle. Nothing else makes sense.
I ordered a Model X LR on 3/17/2021 (red, FSD, 7 seater, 20” wheels) for $89,990 base price (with options, $109,290).

I just now configured the same vehicle on Tesla.com and it’s $124,990. So like $15,700 more. While $15,700 is a lot of money, on the scale of the Model X that amount is only a 14.4% price increase.

And, scratches head, where have I seen up to 15% or more price increases recently? Oh right, everywhere. Econ 101 supply and demand. Insert comment about inflation, delete political comments… you get the drift.

Opinion: To pay for our early orders that we’re essentially getting on discount, Tesla has to earn it elsewhere. Money is fungible but they might have bracketed spending allotments for each category of the company. I think we’ll get there, and the great thing is the product is continually being improved.

Setting aside some dicey-ness going on here, obviously Tesla has to make some customer service improvements. And obviously it would be great if we could get our Model X’s.
I just wonder is it 1500 or 15000 on back order.

Moderator Note: Thread temporarily locked while I move politics out. TMC is not the place for political discussion. If you want to comment on something that happened on Twitter, I might suggest doing it.. on Twitter.

Edit - unlocked. I understand that people have strong opinions but you're not going to change someone's ideology in the Model X waiting room thread on the Tesla Motors Club forum. We have a rule that states no politics unrelated to EVs for a reason - it's polarizing and really harms the cooperative nature of an enthusiasts' forum. So thanks for getting back on topic and asking "where is my car?!"
Is your avatar vaccinated? I see it’s not wearing a mask anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: zapparino

After you make the most amazing electric motors and power trains, develop mind blowing software and a massive charging infrastructure your focus has to be on the people using the products.
You sound like the YouTubers on Now You Know. Is Massachussetts and way Northeast the worst area in the country for service?

Reactions: SOBX MX
Just curious if Tesla reached out to you and said we know you've been waiting for over a year for your model X we have your X ready for delivery now you can come pick it up (or) if you wait another 2 months We have a beta X 560 mile range new beta wheels and tires we're testing would you wait or go get your car now?
More seriously,

If the 2023 year end model X is updated to the 4680 battery pack, the estimate would be 16% more energy in the pack: 116kWh... this would translate to a new range of 407 miles... as compared to our current 2022 range of 351....

Let's assume that this new model is also another 6% more expensive... (~$7,000+)....

So, would I cancel??? would I try to hold... HMMMMMMMM....

More seriously,

If the 2023 year end model X is updated to the 4680 battery pack, the estimate would be 16% more energy in the pack: 116kWh... this would translate to a new range of 407 miles... as compared to our current 2022 range of 351....

Let's assume that this new model is also another 6% more expensive... (~$7,000+)....

So, would I cancel??? would I try to hold... HMMMMMMMM....
We have a 2018 P100D X, range is about 290 miles. We had zero problems with range going from Philly to Southern FL, twice last year. Honestly we had to stop as much or more than the car did, and had to stay longer at charges than the car needed. The new Plaid X with 20” is 333 miles. I would love to have a 400 miler or more, but honestly when driving long distance, you really don’t need more than 300 miles (with kids i guess needing to take breaks more often) that frequently.

i did a 3k road trip from east coast to west coast in a Model Y. We stopped more than the car needed to stop. The biggest issue is most places don't have destination charging. So you would have to do a charge at a supercharging station before you slept or wake up early before family woke up.

I do wish for more range on my jaunts to mammoth from LA. Because it is mostly an uphill climb and it gets cold...you have to stop 2.5 times essentially on the way up. Maybe just 1 time on the way down. Having a 400 mile range would make it pretty effortless compared to an ICE.

When you are driving at 1AM..the last thing you want to do is take a detour to supercharge. Sometimes getting off route is 5 mins but you have to go back the way you came which is another 5 minutes + time to charge. Not what you really want to do when you just want to get there and sleep

Reactions: Pdubb and Stro
We have a 2018 P100D X, range is about 290 miles. We had zero problems with range going from Philly to Southern FL, twice last year. Honestly we had to stop as much or more than the car did, and had to stay longer at charges than the car needed. The new Plaid X with 20” is 333 miles. I would love to have a 400 miler or more, but honestly when driving long distance, you really don’t need more than 300 miles (with kids i guess needing to take breaks more often) that frequently.
I have a 2017 LR X with a range of 295 (that's the rated number, now at 63K miles 100% charge is about 275 miles). I agree with you about the bathroom breaks, but have written in this forum previously that I think 400 miles is about right. My reasoning is that bathroom breaks are a 10-15 minute event; whereas charging is a 40 to 75 minute event... Also, location of both may not be the same.

Bottom line, I appreciate that more and more range has diminishing value - however, taking into account battery degradation with age, flexibility in deciding when and where to charge, as well as real life range (I get 225 - 240 miles of practical miles per charge...), I think a higher rated car would be of benefit. When they announced the refresh X range numbers several months back, I was a little disappointed and was hoping for higher.

Plaid X 6 seat ordered April
EDD Jan -> Feb -> TBD -> Feb -> TBD -> Late Jan to early Feb window (I forget exact dates)-> Jan 24-28
VIN on 22nd.
Delivery scheduled for 1/29 but no option to pay ever appeared
On 1/28 got a text saying they sent out delivery prematurely and cancelled delivery.
EDD moving every day Tomorrow to Tomorrow + 4 days.

Honestly scheduling and canceling delivery has been the most frustrating thing.