Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok this is OUCHHHH. I think it’s bit unfairly negative on Tesla. Our Model Y, now a year old, is pretty much flawless.

Edit: but I hope Musk is not stonewalling to criticism. Criticism is a useful key to success.

• Informative
Reactions: gglockner
Interns, staring at the forum:

“Biff, get ready to cancel that number when they post it”

“Ok Mao, but couldn’t I answer a few more calls and give more bogus stories?”

“No, Kim and Pol Pot are on the newer lines taking care of that”
Hahaha. Who needs a cup of coffee when we can just read this forum. You guys are hilarious! I start work at 7am (PT) and I log onto my computer as a zombie. The first thing I do is click on this forum. After ten minutes, I am wide awake and MAYBE ready to start working (maybe….) haha

Btw, Happy Friday!

Been lurking here for a while now and thought I'd share this with the rest of the community...

So Cal resident. I have two reservations:

Reservation RN114xxxxxx:
MX LR, MSM ext color, black int, 7 seats
Order placed on 2/21/21
Got that infamous call to upgrade to 6 seats (which I opted in) with Dec 2021 delivery...everyone knows how that went.
EDD changed lots of times and now March 2022.

Reservation RN116xxxxxx:
MX Plaid, 6 seats, same int/ext color
Order placed 1/17/22
EDD: 1/28/22 to 2/18/22

That's not typo folks! It seems like Tesla is prioritizing orders with maximum profit. See below:

Screenshot_20220121-094723.jpg

Been lurking here for a while now and thought I'd share this with the rest of the community...

Reservation RN114xxxxxx:
Order placed on 2/21/21
Got that infamous call to upgrade to 6 seats (which I opted in) with Dec 2021 delivery...everyone knows how that went.

Reservation RN116xxxxxx:
Order placed 1/17/22

That's not typo folks! It seems like Tesla is prioritizing orders with maximum profit. See below:

View attachment 758458
Disappointing but not surprising, as they've exhibited similar behavior many times. As one of the many whose LR order was placed prior to the price increases, I've already made peace with the likelihood that I won't get mine anytime soon.

Reservation RN114xxxxxx:
Order placed on 2/21/21

Reservation RN116xxxxxx:
Order placed 1/17/22

View attachment 758458

I agree. I started getting movement on my December 2020 order within a couple days of adding FSD.

Reservation RN114xxxxxx:
Order placed on 2/21/21

Reservation RN116xxxxxx:
Order placed 1/17/22

That's so similar to my status.

Live in SoCal (San Diego)
Ordered 7 seat MSM LR on 3/15/21
Offered to change to 6 seats for quicker delivery. Now sitting at March EDD
Ordered 6 seat Plaid (white) on 1/14/21
Got EDD of Jan 28-Feb18

Ok this is OUCHHHH. I think it’s bit unfairly negative on Tesla. Our Model Y, now a year old, is pretty much flawless.

Edit: but I hope Musk is not stonewalling to criticism. Criticism is a useful key to success.

What a hit piece. Not saying Tesla doesn’t have (lots) of room to improve, but to imply the legacy makers are better at it is a joke.

Those are the folks who brought us rotating plastic ignition switches, brake pedals that fall off, Takata airbags and, oh yeah, Dieselgate. Just to name a very few.

Go lookup Ford’s actuarial tables around the Pinto …. What dollar value per death they associated with it. Or, hey, while I’m on Ford, ask a Focus owner how their Power Shaft Shift transmission’s doing.

So, yeah, given all that? I’ll take my chances with the new guy.

What a hit piece. Not saying Tesla doesn’t have (lots) of room to improve, but to imply the legacy makers are better at it is a joke.

Those are the folks who brought us rotating plastic ignition switches, brake pedals that fall off, Takata airbags and, oh yeah, Dieselgate. Just to name a very few.

Go lookup Ford’s actuarial tables around the Pinto …. What dollar value per death they associated with it. Or, hey, while I’m on Ford, ask a Focus owner how their Power Shaft Shift transmission’s doing.

So, yeah, given all that? I’ll take my chances with the new guy.

Tesla uses Takata airbags, have glass roofs that were never attached, missing or cracked A and B pillar, etc.).

What used to separate Tesla was that they'd actually fix any issues without pushback until 2018. Then they started the decline. We're still looking for the bottom. Maybe it won't be so different from normal auto companies when we get there.

My purchase of a leaf in 2014 was unremarkable. As was my purchase of a 2016 refresh S (ordered day of refresh reveal in October). Tesla predicted end of year and delivered Dec 24.

Now they do sales, service and everything in between without phones or people. Really much harder because Teslas can have complicated issues that need to be seen or heard.

Mobile service is a real bonus though. That didn't exist until around 2017 (at least in my area).

I am leery of other companies but Tesla is making me very hesitant about them in the future too.