Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Jomomma How was the delivery experience at the Carlsbad center? I’ll be taking delivery of my X (whenever that will be) so any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Very easy, some got their car inspected there at Carlsbad, I took mine to San Diego and got a Tesla field tech to come inspect it, referred by a friend. Check the address on DMV form they got mine wrong.

Hi Y'all,
I took delivery in Irvine yesterday and spent 8 hours driving/sitting in the X. While much of it was spent in gridlock traffic it was heavenly!

Upon inspection the 22" wheel inserts were not in the wheels. They were all stored in a cardboard box in the frunk. The Tesla associate informed me they thought their customers would like the look without inserts better. I am going to drive for a few weeks without them and then add the inserts to see if there is any significant difference in Wh/mi. The 22's are gorgeous. I really love the big wheel look both in high and low suspension positions.

The key cards were in the front center console between cupholders and screen. The two fob keys were in the glovebox. The tow hitch and travel charger were sitting in the trunk.

Some of the rubber sealing along the body of the FWD were uneven. I was able to run my fingers along it and secure it well.

Everything was spot on with the exception of the mud I tracked into the car by accident while inspecting (rainy day pickup in Irvine) 🤦‍♂️

One interesting quirk was that both front doors could not close themselves initially. The door would swing shut but the latch would not engage and the door would pop back open. Next I pushed the door shut and the latch engaged. After opening the door again it was able to close/latch at the push of a button and has ever since. I was about to panic and run back into the service center but was relieved after they started working properly.

I am on vacation for next few days but will post more of my experiences after a lengthy drive home with the family.

Happy New Years to all!!!
I have that front closing issue occasionally on my current X. You're the first that I've heard outside of me so welcome lol

Saw this 5 seats in a store. Beautiful
Great pictures. This means the production line has ramped to the point where it can make all the types of Model Xs. The 4th quarter earning report will give us an update on volume. I've seen estimates of around 2000 S's & X's for the quarter.

I expect Tesla to prioritize Plaids now, but hopefully everyone who's been waiting a year will get their car early in the 1st quarter as the line continues to ramp up.

Last post I made about the refresh x flippers I was spot on, turns out the white one was actually more than 133K and now there’s a new blue one for right where I guessed it at 150k on the dot… this is kinda ridiculous how there’s about to be a whole lot of more people that get these that are wanting to just resell them for profit meanwhile the people that want and need them so they can keep it will be waiting an extremely long wait
Everyone says they support a free market except when they don't. This situation will be rather common because of both the post-order price increases and the delayed deliveries, which meant a lot of people acquired a different vehicle for now.

The radar on our 3 provides a smoother autopilot experience when compared to vision only on our y. Plus, it’s nice to see cars ahead in stop and go. Keeping fingers crossed

Saying no radar is better is just lies. It's like them saying auto headlights or wipers are better. Better for Tesla but not customers.

Radar AP goes up to 90mph, vision only 80. Works in fog, snow , etc. I know. It's never let me down. Tesla vision is a real gamble.

S and X still have radar. High end lives are worth the 15 buck part.

I miss radar... there's nothing to gain by removing it.. other than cost to Tesla.
That's how Tesla rolls. Remove features/tech/quality in order to cut costs and then spin it to customers as an improvement. See: Rain sensor

The Refresh Owner's Manual still lists RADAR being installed:
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 15.38.48.png

Saying no radar is better is just lies. It's like them saying auto headlights or wipers are better. Better for Tesla but not customers.

Radar AP goes up to 90mph, vision only 80. Works in fog, snow , etc. I know. It's never let me down. Tesla vision is a real gamble.

S and X still have radar. High end lives are worth the 15 buck part.
I agree. However, I believe they’ve disabled radar on the 3s now as I’m capped at 80 for AP and I have radar.

Reactions: UCF3 and croman
Hi Y'all,
I took delivery in Irvine yesterday and spent 8 hours driving/sitting in the X. While much of it was spent in gridlock traffic it was heavenly!

Upon inspection the 22" wheel inserts were not in the wheels. They were all stored in a cardboard box in the frunk. The Tesla associate informed me they thought their customers would like the look without inserts better. I am going to drive for a few weeks without them and then add the inserts to see if there is any significant difference in Wh/mi. The 22's are gorgeous. I really love the big wheel look both in high and low suspension positions.

The key cards were in the front center console between cupholders and screen. The two fob keys were in the glovebox. The tow hitch and travel charger were sitting in the trunk.

Some of the rubber sealing along the body of the FWD were uneven. I was able to run my fingers along it and secure it well.

Everything was spot on with the exception of the mud I tracked into the car by accident while inspecting (rainy day pickup in Irvine) 🤦‍♂️

One interesting quirk was that both front doors could not close themselves initially. The door would swing shut but the latch would not engage and the door would pop back open. Next I pushed the door shut and the latch engaged. After opening the door again it was able to close/latch at the push of a button and has ever since. I was about to panic and run back into the service center but was relieved after they started working properly.

I am on vacation for next few days but will post more of my experiences after a lengthy drive home with the family.

Happy New Years to all!!!
Could you post some before and after pics?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I agree. However, I believe they’ve disabled radar on the 3s now as I’m capped at 80 for AP and I have radar.

Same for S and X with FSD beta. That's why I'm passing on FSD. 10k is a lot of money and I've wasted money on FSD on my S. It's not close and won't be reliable for years.

I'd rather just keep regular AP. I don't even use NoA. It's been really bad since it came out. I do like the lane changes but I'll deal with that one lost feature.