Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh MS media interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering picking up a Plaid but I wanted to ask about the UI, specifically the media controls.

I am in the minority of people in that I generally prefer to drive in silence. One of the most infuriating things for me and my current 2017 Model S is that every time I get into the car 1/3 of the screen is covered by the media player. I have to dismiss it every time and it makes me irrationally angry every time lol.

I would actually consider uninstalling media completely if I could. I don't understand why it doesn't "remember" the previous state and just keep it there. Or give me an "off" button for media so it is fully disabled until I choose to use it.

In any case, I am hoping that the refresh screen handles things differently. How big is the media interface when you enter the car? Can you hide it? Does it stay hidden?

Thanks in advance!

Good news… it can be minimized to lower left corner per this picture. I then locked car and when I re-entered it remembered my preference. I had to crop the bottom controls because of my address. But what’s also cool is that the icons along bottom row can be customized to those you use the most via drag and drop.

F5E62A25-E947-4888-8809-775170E700FA.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: M3LA and cartwright
Good news… it can be minimized to lower left corner per this picture. I then locked car and when I re-entered it remembered my preference. I had to crop the bottom controls because of my address. But what’s also cool is that the icons along bottom row can be customized to those you use the most via drag and drop.

View attachment 743508
I prefer to listen to the car in silence. I'm a pilot. I couldn't figure out how to get it minimized to lower left. Could you describe this procedure in more detail?

I prefer to listen to the car in silence. I'm a pilot. I couldn't figure out how to get it minimized to lower left. Could you describe this procedure in more detail?
Place your finger on the grey horizontal bar at top of media window, and swipe down. Then do the same thing 1 more time to reduce from 1/3 screen to small rectangle in lower left.

Alternatively, you can drag the entire media window to right side of main screen (by holding grey bar), and then reduce it per above.

ED09F69F-3DA3-4647-B565-326B025DF3E2.jpeg

I like keeping it on the left because my hand holding the yoke blocks it. I did notice if I have Spotify selected as a source it will auto play and is sometimes no longer minimized. I didn't mess with it much because I can pretty easily just keep bluetooth selected and then it will stay out of the way.

Nice hear from someone else that likes to drive in silence haha.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz