Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh front left dash rattle (cold weather?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the rattle near the base of the left A pillar, where the speaker grille is? I have a light rattle that started after it got cold (coincidence? Maybe not).

The service procedure to get under the grille is invasive, so it’s not worth doing for a non severe rattle. I’ve stuffed some felt between the dash and the grille and it makes it slightly better.

Has anyone else found a better quick non-invasive solution?

Reactions: jiehan
My rattle still hasn’t gone away even after warming up the cabin. Is there a way to upload a video here on this site? I took the car to Tesla and they couldn’t recreate the sound but as soon as I pulled out of the service center it was there and it’s so loud and annoying.I’d love to hear some thoughts from y’all here.

I have this in my 2023 also. Doesn't always happen, but seems more prominent when I hit hard or continuous hard bumps in the road.
Update on my issue. Turns out the white door trim on my driver door was sitting loose and causing the rattling sounds over hard bumps. I pulled it out slightly and snapped it back in. Seems to solve the issue I was having.

I had a similar issue on my model 3. I took to Tesla for a different issue but had them look at this too, they felt it was due to a broken speaker part. it seems fixed now. Here is what they did:

Verified customer's concern. Inspected vehicle and found multiple possible points where noise and vibration could occur. Removed dash decor and applied felt tape around edge. Removed left and right vents and applied felt tape to area. Removed left and right A-pillars and started tapping on dash. Heard noise coming from left corner of dash. Removed speaker grill, and applied foam tape around edge of dash to mitigate contact with body. Also found left and center speaker blown causing them to rattle. Removed and replaced speakers. Reinstalled all interior trim and test drove vehicle. Verified noises heard are no longer there and vehicle is operating as designed.

Reactions: nBar5EV1
YES, we have this. It happens when dash is cold. Use heat in cabin and our goes away. It is like a squeaky rattle and so disappointing for such a $$$$ car. Repair looks like major tear down and afraid they will screw something else up.
Just take some open cell foam strip 1/2" x 4" and stick it between the dash and the windshield at the A-Pillar junction