Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattling coming from behind front passenger tire 2018MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after getting new brake pads and rotors ive been hearing a rattle come from the passenger wheel well. At first i assumed they didnt properly install the retaining clamps but after returning to have them reset its still rattling. It sound like a a metal on metal rattling as if the pads are moving around. I inspected the pads and they are pretty secure and the calipers dont have any play either. Ive seen the video on the sway bar link but after a rough inspection those seem to be in good order. Has anyone experienced this and solved it if so please lead me to the right direction ive already paid out 800 for new brakes and dont wanna have to start replacing things that dont fix my issue or pay for a bogus diagnostic fee.im cant upload the video with the sound its keeps telling me it doesnt have the allowed extension.

Hard to tell from a 5 second clip, but I have a very similar noise (although not quite as loud) with my 2016 MS. I've had it into Tesla Service twice and after a test drive and what they tell me was a thorough inspection of the suspension components, it is 'normal'. Admittedly I've had the noise for quite some time but I'm not sure that something isn't wearing to the point of needing replacement. I'll be interested to see what you learn about yours.

Upvote 0
I have the same rattle on the left side of the car. I had a Tesla tech drive it and he thinks it's the air struts. Although, he couldn't fully diagnose it because he didn't have the equipment being the mobile engineer. The cost to diagnose it was $250 from Tesla... I am trying to figure it out without paying Tesla the time to confirm the diagnosis.

Upvote 0