Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Common Australian Pickup Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the method of ordering parts through Tesla app?
You select the service item that is closest to what you want, and then in comments describe what you need. For example I needed a wheel nut cover broken during a tyre change. So under wheels and tyres I described it and uploaded a pic. A quote came back for $1. I paid the $1 and then drove 40 minutes each way to pick it up. All happened the same afternoon.

Reactions: Quickst
Super happy with my first Tesla mobile service experience :cool:

The service centre did the isolate via tape/felt/rubber sorta fix like the youtube channel suggested

As a subscriber to Tesla's subscription ESM and ECP I knew my VIN didnt have any "recalls". However for my M3P atleast 2023 March build they also did a "APAC_IP Speaker Grille Replacement" part IP, SPEAKER GRILLE, ASY, BASE 1083390-80-1". I guess youd call this an internal recall or something.

What exactly is "APAC_IP Speaker Grille Replacement"?

I raised a request today coz my Smart Summon isn't working anymore with "Unable to summon, Ultrasonic sensors maybe blocked". However, it doesn't seem like a hardware issue coz I get parking alerts just fine.

Now when I check the request I can see a comment added by the service called "APAC_IP Speaker Grille Replacement" which I didn't request for!

What exactly is "APAC_IP Speaker Grille Replacement"?

I raised a request today coz my Smart Summon isn't working anymore with "Unable to summon, Ultrasonic sensors maybe blocked". However, it doesn't seem like a hardware issue coz I get parking alerts just fine.

Now when I check the request I can see a comment added by the service called "APAC_IP Speaker Grille Replacement" which I didn't request for!
The grill at the front of your dashboard is prone to warping in the heat. Tesla tend to replace it when they have the car for some other reason. They did the same on mine while the mobile technician was installing my tow package. I didn't notice any visible difference after the replacement

I had this replaced.
MYLR Jun 2023

I contacted Tesla via App re changing credit card - see number 2.
I didn't specifically request speaker grille replacement and there were no other issues.
But the day after the contact re changing CC, booked a replacement - mobile service at my place. Took them 15min.

The

IMG_2892.jpeg

Reactions: noddy@teamterm
Yes it is truly bizarre that the speech-to-text is often correct, but then the car does something completely different to the text. Like, how the heck can that happen?
Yes... disappointing, but it seems speech is "as good" as what I experienced in Toyota/Lexus cars over the last 15 years.
It can work, as long as what you try to say matches exactly with a pre-cooked command. Outside that... things are unpredictable.
Eg, when I say (in Dutch): "Wipers On", the car responds with "Windows unlocked." ?!? (I don't even know what that means.)
1710507247407.png

When I say "It's raining", it responds with "Unknown command".
When I say "It's raining on the windshield", it responds with "Enabling defog" ?!?
When, by now mildly frustrated... I say "vooruit met de geit" (Dutch for: "Let's get moving"), it responds with "Starting dashcam"...

1710507178458.png

On top of that, I have found that using speech for navigation can be hit-and-miss as well.
In the short time I have my MY now, I have found at least 3 destinations that the car somehow "auto-corrects" to another location.
Eg: trying "navigeer naar de kaBelstraat in Almere" is consistently "corrected" to "kaPelstraat in Almere", and worse, as there is no "kapelstraat" in Almere, navigation then plans a route to a Kapelstraat in another town?!?

And this is not just me or my car: I've had other tesla-owners try this very example and they see the exact same response.

Which means that whenever I use speech for navigation, I have to double-check the end-result on the screen. Which to some extent defies the purpose of speech.

Reactions: cafz and Vostok