Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random supercharger navigation destination set when you enter the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twice over the weekend when I got in my car, the destination was set to a local super charger that I have been to in the past. I didn't do anything on the phone app to set that destination, or share a destination to my car. And when I looked in the navigation history, there was another local supercharger in there as well, like 7 times in a row. I haven't visited a supercharger in about a month. Anyone seen anything like this happen? After it happened the first time, I did reset my Tesla account password. That was no help, it happened again after that.

Twice over the weekend when I got in my car, the destination was set to a local super charger that I have been to in the past. I didn't do anything on the phone app to set that destination, or share a destination to my car. And when I looked in the navigation history, there was another local supercharger in there as well, like 7 times in a row. I haven't visited a supercharger in about a month. Anyone seen anything like this happen? After it happened the first time, I did reset my Tesla account password. That was no help, it happened again after that.

Does anyone else (wife, girlfrield, either, kid, etc) have access to your phone or have the Tesla app loaded onto their phone? Sometimes my wife will send me a destination if I'm driving or right before I start driving so I know where to go.

It's probably something triggering it, either knowingly or unknowingly.

No, only I have access to my phone, and the Tesla app is only installed on my phone. And after I changed the password, that should have disabled any other devices that may have had access to the Tesla app that I did not know about.

Are you sure you aren’t looking at the supercharger list below your car on the app? It’s one tap and the address is sent to the car’s nav. I’ve done that several times by accident when I was just scrolling down. It really needs a confirmation before sending something.
yes, I will put my money on that. I have accidentally done that a couple of times.