Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Motors Japan / Louis Vuitton

Tesla Motors Japan and Louis Vuitton have recently formed a partnership and kicked it off with a two-day event held this weekend in beautiful Karuizawa in Nagano Japan. Five customers from each company were invited, so along with 2 demo cars there were seven Roadsters at the event. I was fortunate enough to get invited to the event where I took the attached photo. I'm not sure if so many Roadsters have been in one place at the same time in Japan until then. I guess I did see about that many together in various states of assembly and disassembly at the secret Tokyo service facility a couple months back though. My car is the Obsidian Black one at the far left. Interestingly, the very first Roadster Tesla sold in Japan is the Jet Black one in the middle.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3171.png

Attachments

• SevenRoadsters.png
    SevenRoadsters.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 764
Last edited:
I'm curious: why is the service location secret? Or is that part of the secret? ;-)

What I was told originally is that they didn't want to have the press down there taking pictures. For the first few months, they would not even let customers know where it was. In fact they would take the cars down there themselves from the dealership and then bring them back to the dealership again for the customers to pick up. Lately it has been okay for customers to go down themselves so they finally told me where it was, but I was told to please not disclose the location to anyone else. I can tell you that it's a beautiful shop though and it can fit lots of Roadsters inside!

If you are talking about the picture, I think it is England...
(Even though you see a Mercedes/Daimler bus)
Isn't that a London underground/tube sign above the "29"?

The Merc Bus has white letters "ARRIVA" on its front. The white letter inside the blue field of the license plate is quite blurred. That's the county code for any EU license plate and I think it's an "I" for Italy. I can see a decal on two of the three sports cars, on the roadster it reads "FORZA MOTORSPORT". FORZA is Italian for "force, party, team" or so. Plus some pedestrians have quite Mediterranean looks.

So I'd say it is Italy.

Regarding traffic laws:
Yes, front plate license plates are required in Germany.
There are traffic laws in Italy, too, but the Gendarmeria has a tough job to enforce them :wink:

Tesla Motors Japan and Louis Vuitton have recently formed a partnership and kicked it off with a two-day event held this weekend in beautiful Karuizawa in Nagano Japan. Five customers from each company were invited, so along with 2 demo cars there were seven Roadsters at the event. I was fortunate enough to get invited to the event where I took the attached photo. I'm not sure if so many Roadsters have been in one place at the same time in Japan until then. I guess I did see about that many together in various states of assembly and disassembly at the secret Tokyo service facility a couple months back though. My car is the Obsidian Black one at the far left. Interestingly, the very first Roadster Tesla sold in Japan is the Jet Black one in the middle.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3171.png

Such spectacular fall colors! We were supposed to have a gorgeous fall like that this year, but we had one day of very heavy winds and lost too many leaves for the trees to look thick and lush like that photo.

Good detective work, but your going in the wrong direction. The plate from the bus is 100% european, but it's not an italian style XX 999 XX number. Combining the fact that a guy from Winchester confirmed that there is a London underground sign on the picture and that the Tesla is a right-hand-drive one, I would guess we are really in London here. The red (doubledecker) buses are typical for London too. It's elementary, Watson.

Such spectacular fall colors! We were supposed to have a gorgeous fall like that this year, but we had one day of very heavy winds and lost too many leaves for the trees to look thick and lush like that photo.

Thought that too, makes me want to be there. The pic, to be really perfect, would need a lightning green Roadster in there. ;)

Thought that too, makes me want to be there. The pic, to be really perfect, would need a lightning green Roadster in there. ;)

Yes, I was thinking the same thing! The orange and yellow cars are both demo cars, so as you can see the Japanese owners tend to be a bit conservative in their color choices! 3 black cars, a white one, and a red one. Kind of makes me wish I had a green one like Dragon just to be different! Mr. Ozawa's Jet Black Roadster Sport shown above had both exterior and interior carbon fiber packages along Japan Signature Series badging (#1), a very nice car indeed.