Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadster in the driveway!! :biggrin:

3514961963_20879d4f4c_o.jpg

Sightings are getting more and more common around the bay area.
On Friday afternoon I saw an orange one pulling into a movie theater in Mountain View as I was going to see Star Trek, then on Saturday night I saw a green one leaving a fireworks show up in SF. I wasn't even looking for them... Literally seeing them in front of me all over the place now.

Last edited:
Sightings are getting more and more common around the bay area.
On Friday afternoon I saw an orange one pulling into a movie theaters in Mountain View as I was going to see Star Trek, then on Saturday night I saw a green one leaving a fireworks show up in SF. I wasn't even looking for them... Literally seeing them in front of me all over the place now.

I'm seeing them everywhere as well. My friend snapped a photo of one yesterday on the freeway in the eastbay and showed it to me (knowing that I'm a tesla fanatic :smile:).

Looks like maybe your blinker was not working :rolleyes:

Yeah, it does look like that doesn't it? I'm not in the habit of wandering out of my lane, but I do sometimes use the blinker only briefly when changing lanes. I'll test the blinkers tonight and make sure they're all working. For now, I'll assume that it was operator error. :rolleyes:

Spotted again:

Yeah, that was taken in the underground parking garage where I work. It wasn't too long after that pic was taken before I had an email show up in my inbox with a link to it. It was 3 degrees to get to me: picture taker, co-worker, another Roadster owner (who works here and knows me). The non-owners said they weren't jealous. Not even a little. So, I replied that since they weren't jealous, I guess I didn't need to offer them a ride in it. :wink:

Yeah, that was taken in the underground parking garage where I work. It wasn't too long after that pic was taken before I had an email show up in my inbox with a link to it. It was 3 degrees to get to me: picture taker, co-worker, another Roadster owner (who works here and knows me).

A similar story happened to me the first day I drove my Roadster to work. A former co-worker who left my company 2 years ago IM'd me out of the blue a link to Twitter of a picture someone else had posted of my car sitting in front of my building with a "Whose car is this?" caption. My former co-worker asked "Did you happen to ever get a Tesla?"

Eek! My car is being stalked!