Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Autopilot Accident Thread

placeholder for people to report Autopilot accidents...because you know, it's bound to happen. especially the ones ignoring the directions that say DO NOT USE IT ON LOCAL ROADS. it's for highway-only. only 1 day has passed since it's release...and man there must be dozens of videos out there already where I see people using it on LOCAL ROADS!!! some reports already of very close calls. wow I guess nobody reads the directions.

sorry to be the debbie downer but if you think this system is going to be perfect, especially now in the beginning, then you got another thing coming. I wouldn't trust the system yet. not for a few years at least...but you gotta start somewhere. Tesla is leading the charge and I support them. I just hope people don't stop paying attention because else the end result is going to be bad and they won't be very happy Tesla enthusiasts for long when their baby gets smashed up (and then the subsequent second whammy with the outrageous repair bills, lol).

I already addressed your concerns over people using it for the not-intended-use-cases

2. And humans who don't test the boundaries or capabilities of what they have will never know the limitations.

III. What's your point? They also said TACC is for highways, I use it on city streets all the time. You gotta know the limitations of the hardware to comfortably use it.

Randomness:

So, would you pay $2 at a flea market for that old tintype?

I know: sure - I would. It's just two bucks.

And would you sell it or keep it for $5 million?

TAKE IT!!!! I don't need that fuzzy old pic around here!

Wow. Wow. Wow. Amazing stuff.

I too suspected a troll as we have experienced frequently. Perhaps it's time to consider limiting the forum to owners and reservation holders.

He/she could be but then it would be up to us to do our best to counter the arguments with solid information. Limiting the forum in a way you suggest would have prevented me from learning more about the S a couple years ago and I *may* have not purchased one. We take the good and the bad with keeping the forum open. I would vote for open.

:smile:
I too suspected a troll as we have experienced frequently. Perhaps it's time to consider limiting the forum to owners and reservation holders.

Not a troll. Also, there's no reason to limit the forum to only owners- what about people who are on the fence? Should we limit people who only have the 85kw and higher packs, not the 40's and 60's? Should we also limit based on who spent the most money on Tesla's? Ive bought both my P85 and P85D in cash, so Tesla has earned $239,000 of my money. Does that make me a better owner now?

I understand there have been trolls in the past, like other forums, but how did this subject really fall under a troll post. I just don't get it.

Anyway, I know there will be a lot of disagreement here of course with it. Totally fine. I really wonder how "approved" this AutoSteer feature is- does anyone have a link or a source where AutoSteer passed regulatory testing and got an approval here in the US, or is it still pending? With that whole GM ignition death thing, along with the VW diesel scandal, you would think things are going to be tougher and more scrutinized in the auto industry.

I'll be sad to see it happen but in a world where hot coffee requires a label advising not to pour in your lap, it's hard to see AP lasting long. The only reason we have it in the first place is private industry being more efficient at launching new tech than government is at regulating it.

Have you read anything about Stella Libeck? Just wonder if you know what really happened. We're all a lot safer for her suffering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCkL9UlmCOE

... Distance units are not necessarily the best indicators of other units in use by the same user. Us Canadians use the metric system. But not for everything... I have no clue how tall I am in centimeters, or my weight in kilos. But I know those in feet, inches and pounds. My distances are measured in kilometers, but I want tire pressures in psi.
[...] An extra configurable option would not be too much to ask IMHO.

+1 to this. I think those of us old enough to remember growing up when they switched over to the metric system in the 70's here in Canada probably have the same oddly mixed usage of SI and Imperial units.
Anyhow all my tire pressure gauges are in PSI, I have no idea what a bar is :)

km for distance, but PSI for tire pressure - it should be a simple config setting

+1 to this. I think those of us old enough to remember growing up when they switched over to the metric system in the 70's here in Canada probably have the same oddly mixed usage of SI and Imperial units.
Anyhow all my tire pressure gauges are in PSI, I have no idea what a bar is :)

km for distance, but PSI for tire pressure - it should be a simple config setting

I still stubbornly stick to US units (Imperial are not really supported in cars any longer). The Tesla is pretty good about letting you select formats individually for time, distance and temperature. Most cars are just an all-or-nothing switch between US/Metric.

Do EU countries use Bar for pressure? Here in Canada, kPa seems to be the standard SI (metric) unit for tire pressure. But yes, I prefer PSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.