Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Used Tesla cars commanding $30,000 premium over new cars

I bet my headline got your attention.

Valuewalk, which is a common thief of clicks-for-amazing-headlines, is using a headline like this to link you directly to a website called Used Cars and New Cars, Car Reviews, Car Buying Tips | iSeeCars.com who apparently are claiming that Tesla cars are fetching a $30,000 premium over their brand new counterparts. I feel dirty by even spreading the link to you, but if you really want to give them click revenues, go ahead and take a look.

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Used Cars Commanding Premium Over New Ones

Advertising posing as news. Yuck.

IMO Tesla cars are at an immediate loss in value of $10,000-$20,000 if you try to sell a brand new one.

(proud owner of a Model S with no intention to sell)

Over heard from the aisle behind me yesterday on American Airlines whilst the plane was watching some TV promo in which a Fisker Karma flashed on the screen...
Mid-50's 'know-it-all' man speaking to mid 40's disinterested woman...
"That's a Tesla. Its an all electric car that was invented by the same guy who started eBay. Great for around town, but now that they have superchargers it still only charges maximum 3 miles/hr and can go 100 miles but they're getting there." :scared:

Potentially, but it seems like a lot of work just for a joke. :)
Not really.

1. Grab a test vehicle from the supply closet. ;)
2. Make a trip to Service Center to collect interesting looking hardware.
3. Make a trip to Space X facility to collect interesting looking hardware.
4. Install #2 and #3 onto car.
5. Install "funny cam" at Hawthorne.
6. Park at Hawthorne supercharger.
7. Grab lunch.
8. Turn on mechanical sounding "music".
9. Open sunroof.
10. Drive off.
11. Wait a week.
12. Create a blog post showing Tesla's sense of humor with comments about the TMC posts, and include a video.

Way less involved than TMC planning for the Tesla road trips.

Bad Press: "Tesla guys are jokers, clearly they can't make..."
Good Press: "In good cheer after recent earnings report, Tesla shows it has cool employees"

Way less involved than TMC planning for the Tesla road trips.
Bad Press: "Tesla guys are jokers, clearly they can't make..."
Good Press: "In good cheer after recent earnings report, Tesla shows it has cool employees"

So if I wanted to troll the forums, I should put on my Tesla shirt, run some wires and stuff around the car like it's the DeLorean from Back to the Future, and drive back and forth between all the Superchargers. I know what I'm doing this weekend. :wink:

The car is fitted with the new Whisperbars; the maximum weight load is 165lbs (75kg) total. If that's supposed to be ballast up there, there isn't very much of it.

I'm suspecting that this thread is actually over-cooking things.

I am not saying I did this but. You can have 4 bicycles on a roof rack, and someone sitting on one of said bikes, while driving about 10 mph. I would suspect the actual loading on those racks is much higher. You can also do doughnuts with two people holding the roof rack at the same time.

I do not recommend any of the above actions to anyone.

I am not saying I did this but. You can have 4 bicycles on a roof rack, and someone sitting on one of said bikes, while driving about 10 mph. I would suspect the actual loading on those racks is much higher. You can also do doughnuts with two people holding the roof rack at the same time.

I do not recommend any of the above actions to anyone.
Ha. I totally need to find some time to attend one of your parties.

I think the engineers got together just to see what we would come up with! They are all sitting around tonight having a beer and laughing at our comments!

beer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.